Cymbal or Throne

Sparkman

Which one should I get first? The Roc-N-Soc nitro throne (with back rest) or a paiste alpha rock ride?

The choice is really upto you. The throne is one of THE most important parts of your kit.

Depends, what is your current one? Is it in need to be replaced? Have you got a good ride already?

I don't know the situation but comfort comes first.

Last edited:
for me that was a no brainer...i needed a better throne first and now I am working on my cymbals...all a matter of choices.

The choice is really up to you. The throne is one of THE most important parts of your kit.

Depends, what is your current one? Is it need to be replaced? Have you got a good ride already?

My current throne is a sound percussion (sp) SP880DT. It doesn't really need to be replaced as its only 3 1/2 months old. As for the ride, I have a a Paiste PST3 crash/ride. So no I don't think I have a good ride right now.

What do you think is more important?

As for the throne, you have picked the top of the line. The Alpha cymbal I feel you will grow tired of all too soon and want to replace it. Either get the throne or save a bit longer and get a better cymbal.

I 3rd the motion on the THRONE.... it's important!

I just got my New Mapex round throne last week :)

good luck

The throne is one of THE most important parts of your kit.

Well for me the throne is the most important thing- without my Rocnsoc- I could not play as freely..get it- really comfortable and it breathes too!

Both very true. I would go for a good throne. It will last a long time and be a good investment. Feeling comfy and balanced on the kit has improved my playing.

Do you recommend the back rest for a roc-n-soc throne? Or will it limit my playing?

go with the back rest will prevfent you arching your back. ive resently got a saddle throne and cant get a back rest and i now tend to arch my back

Do you recommend the back rest for a roc-n-soc throne? Or will it limit my playing?

Oh yeah, get the back rest, it won't limit anything, I had my rocnsoc for 8 years before I bought the back rest last year, didn't change a thing other than I am more comfortable. Especially during long practices where there might be a lot of sitting non-playing time.

You'll love the throne, I would get it before the ride.

Back