Marching band cases for kit drum.

I have just purchased a 26x14 marching bass drum hard case.

Now it has just struck me, will this fit a "kit" drum of the same size, or are the bass drum spurs going to cause hassle?

I have emailed the seller (ebay) who should hopefully answer my question before he posts it. But would be interested to know if anyone here has the answer.

http://www.hardcase.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=108&zenid=655e3c614e722569872e5f746616b96c

These are great cases. What size is your drum, and what size case are you looking at? I I use Hardcases for me entire set. might be able to help.

Before I ordered my cases, I measured all my drums and got the measurements of the cases from the Web site.

I have a Hardcase brand case for my bass drum, all i can say is I was not impressed , the bass drum slid around inside so much it started to scuff the hoops so i had to buy a padded bass drum bag to use as a liner, ended up costing me a lot more than buying a padded case considering the padded SKB's are only a few bucks more than the unpadded Hardcase.

considering the padded SKB's are only a few bucks more than the unpadded Hardcase.

Not in the UK, the SKB is priced at over £300 whereas I got the Hard case for just over £100. If I find that the drum moves about then I'l probably bad it with a bed sheet or something.

Here in canada the hardcase 24 sold for or $205cdn and the skb was $230cdn which is probably why you cant buy them over here now.

Just a quick update on the hard case. The marching band cases are supposably a little smaller than a standard kit case. But thankfully the shop was able to match the price so thankfully not out of pocket.

Back