drum shopping

i was going to get a cymbal case too at the music store but then some guy sold me some magic beans out of the back of his dark van. He said they were just as good as the magic beans from like sam ash or guitar center. Godddd!!!! i'm soooo stupid!!!!!!!!

Here is a pic of the 17" K crash. and I won't be buying anything for awhile. So I'm done with buying drums for awhile.

Please, define "A WHILE"

(congrats on your new gear, your gear buying satisfies my hunger for new stuff, how do you like that?)

I'll side with you on this one. I give him 2 weeks.

Put me down for $10 that I don't make it 10 days. LOL. I wanna be just like Mikei.

Here is my current Gear list:
Drums:
Gretsch cat maples, 2 22X18 Kicks, 10", 12" 14" 16" toms 6X14 snare.

DDrum diablos, 22X20 Kick, 10", 12" 15" 16" toms

Keller: 22X16 Kick 13" and 16" toms

Snares: 6.5X14 Brady, 4.5X14 Brady, 6X14 Pork Pie Acrylic, 6.5X13 Yamaha Musashi oak, 5X14 Ludwig Acrolyte, 5.5X14 Slingerland Chrome, 5.5X14 Taye Birch/Basswood, 4X14 Pearl Copper.

Cymbals Zildjian:
6" Zil Bel
7" Ships bell
7" stagg bell
8" K splash
9" ice bell
10" A custom splash
10" K china
10" efx #1
13" medium crash (Cut down from a 16" medium crash)
14" Rock Hats
14" K custom dark hats
15" medium hats
16" medium crash
17" medium Crash
17" wuhan china
17" K custom thin crash
18" Rock crash
18" K custom medium dark crash
18" zbt china
18" Hammerax ultra dark indigo crash
19" K china
20" oriental china
20" medium thin crash
20" hammerax indigo crash
21" rock ride
22" Z custom ride
22" A custom Ping ride.
28" Wuhan chau gong

I don't NEED anything else, so I am trying to be good. No more purchases for at least.................................................. the rest of this week ;)

Cymbals Zildjian:
6" Zil Bel
7" Ships bell
7" stagg bell
8" K splash
9" ice bell
10" A custom splash
10" K china
10" efx #1
13" medium crash (Cut down from a 16" medium crash)
14" Rock Hats
14" K custom dark hats
15" medium hats
16" medium crash
17" medium Crash
17" wuhan china
17" K custom thin crash
18" Rock crash
18" K custom medium dark crash
18" zbt china
18" Hammerax ultra dark indigo crash
19" K china
20" oriental china
20" medium thin crash
20" hammerax indigo crash
21" rock ride
22" Z custom ride
22" A custom Ping ride.
28" Wuhan chau gong

looks like you only need an 11", 12", 23", 24", 25", 26", 27", and you'd be set!!

Alex

I'm in the same boat as Drumsword! I don't need anything else...

I'm set with drums or different sizes and colors...don't need sticks, heads, cymbals.....I don't need anymore snares, mic's, stands, cowbells, gadgets...nothin'!

This SUCKS!
I don't even have any mad scientist hardware projects in the works....dang!

I have money in my "drum fund", but I don't want to spend it on just 'anything'.

Maybe an H2 zoom recorder....

I was thinking about a 6" brass Ahead snare, or a 6.5 Ludwig Acro ('cause it's cool)...but I have 8 snares already.....

Maybe I'll buy that Ludwig Centennial kit for my son and get the add on 20x24 for myself and use it as an option to gig with--I don't have a Silver Sparkle kit.....

I'm in the same boat as Drumsword! I don't need anything else...

I'm set with drums or different sizes and colors...don't need sticks, heads, cymbals.....I don't need anymore snares, mic's, stands, cowbells, gadgets...nothin'!

This SUCKS!
I don't even have any mad scientist hardware projects in the works....dang!

I have money in my "drum fund", but I don't want to spend it on just 'anything'.

Maybe an H2 zoom recorder....

I was thinking about a 6" brass Ahead snare, or a 6.5 Ludwig Acro ('cause it's cool)...but I have 8 snares already.....

Maybe I'll buy that Ludwig Centennial kit for my son and get the add on 20x24 for myself and use it as an option to gig with--I don't have a Silver Sparkle kit.....

I Love your red sparkle kit man, someday I may invest in one of those. But not for 2 weeks at least, I've got $20 riding on it..LOL

how do you take all those cymbals to gigs? and how many stands do you ahve to set all of them up?

how do you take all those cymbals to gigs? and how many stands do you ahve to set all of them up?

It generally depends on what the gig is. I have about 17 stands (Including Hi hats). If I'm playing with the classic rock band, I use 3 crashes, a china (or 2), hats, ride and a splash or bell.

In the studio is where I generally use my K's, for recording. or If I'm playing a larger gig. I really don't wanna bring them into bars, ( I hate playing bars too but it pays pretty good)

Playing my OWN Music, I tend to set up a much larger array, 3-4 crashes, both splashes, ride, Hammerax cymbals, chinas and bells. Playing my own stuff I take a solo, plus have a couple drum compositions that use an array of equipment. Plus my own music varies from Heavy rock to instrumental R&B.

Shoot, this doesn't count against the bet because I bought it last week but it arrived today. A multi stand for my jam blocks, cowbells and tambourine. holds 6 indivudual pieces. I have 2 Jam blocks, 2 cowbells and a tambourine on it.

That doesn't count towards the bet right?

Shoot, this doesn't count against the bet because I bought it last week but it arrived today. A multi stand for my jam blocks, cowbells and tambourine. holds 6 indivudual pieces. I have 2 Jam blocks, 2 cowbells and a tambourine on it.

That doesn't count towards the bet right?

You didn't say anything about a multistand, and can you prove you ordered it last week?? :)

Bram

I want my 20 dollars and a pair of stick stasz.

Man, I thought you would forget! ... i guess i have to mail them to you eventually. But I never said whether the sticks could be broken or not!

Back