Amp for my Roland TD-4KP

IsraDrum

I am now the proud owner of a Roland TD-4KP set. It works great with a headset but I also want to be able to share the sound. I am completely new to e-drums and I know nothing about amps or sound systems either. The monitor has two OUTPUT jacks on the back and it says it's L/MONO and R. I don't know if it really produces true stereo output (can you really tell the difference with just a drum set?) but anyhow that's what it has.

I want to get a very small amplifier, or speakers of some sort, so that I can play the drums and be heard. I don't need anything larger than what would be sufficient for a large living room--if I would ever play any concert or some such, we can discuss that then (like in 5 years). :)

Can anyone provide any guidance as to what I should be looking to buy?

Thank you.

Roland makes the PM-10, which is made for exactly what you're describing. It's 30 watts.​
My favorite (for my needs) is the Roland PM-1. At 60 watts, it can be used for gigs. They're not made anymore, but I always see 'em around, used. $300 is the typical range.​

Attachments

• PM-1.jpg
    PM-1.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 803
I have that kit too, but I gig out with it for small club dates and use a Roland KC-550 amp in conjunction with a Whirlwind clean boost pedal.

For your needs you can probably get away with a KC-150 or 350. Scout Craiglist for deals.

Back