Floor tom legs

drummingman

Gold Member
Does anybody know who makes floor tom legs that are 9.5 ml and 30 inches long? My floor tom legs on my Ludwig kit are too short and I can't find any online that are long enough.

I need to find longer legs as soon as possible.

I have never seen any over 22"
I bought a real nice Tama double floor tom stand for my 2 floors so I could raise them up.
I have seen people make long legs by buying 3/8 inch aluminum rod in a hardare store and bending it into shape.
The then added rubber feet from their old short legs.
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/...oglebase&cvsfa=63&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=313132383530

Did you have to add mounts to your floor toms to make the double tom stand work?

I have also looked into the new Altas snare stand that will fit a 16 inch drum but I don't know if it will go low enough to keep my floor tom from being up to high (my floor tom is 13 inches in depth).

wow, that seems way high for a floor tom. my hi (mounted) tom sits at 34 inches. My floor tom way lower than that of course.
Maybe a stupid question but do you have the floor tom oriented so the leg clamps are on the upper , not lower, part of the drum? if so, you could turn your floor tom the other way, so the leg clamps are on the lower and need less a rod length fro the height you desire. If not , apologies for the stupid question.

Back