DW Collectors for Djent

Geiir

Hey guys!

I've decided that I want to buy some DW Collectors drums, but not sure what sizes and what shells to use... Do anyone here have any experience with DW Collectors and can help me out?

I have been looking at the Maple/Mahogany and the FAST series they offer. The genre I'm playing is in the progressive metal area with a large touch of the Djent sub-genre. My style is a lot like Periphery, TesseracT, Intervals and Circles. I'm not going for more than a five piece kit, preferably four. What I really need help with are the sizes and what wood to use. I need lots of punch and sound but with some sustain.

Cheers!

Why exactly do you want DW Collectors' if you're not sure about almost any of the specifics?

If you want a good, affordable, versatile kit for metal, I'd save a lot of money by just getting a Saturn IV.

Agree, saturns can do that low muddy rock tuning that dw's do, but at a much lower cost.

Do you know what Halpern uses or what Postones uses? That might not be a bad place to start. Good luck!

Let us know what you end up getting and be sure to share some pics of your new shells.

The maple/mahogany shells certainly have punch but are a bit short on sustain compared to a maple shell without rings. Email DW with your specs and they can tell you what they have that will work.

You need "lots of punch and sound but with some sustain"? I just want to be sure. Every drum company will be able to offer you these qualities, but do your research! You want find drums that have a nice doo without too much biff. Make sure that you get a good crack without being to slappy or boingy. Just kidding. Based on your criteria I'm not sure you need to spend 5 or 6k on five drums. DW drums are fantastic and if you chose them they will serve you well. GL.

Do you know what Halpern uses or what Postones uses? That might not be a bad place to start. Good luck!

Let us know what you end up getting and be sure to share some pics of your new shells.

For what it's worth... Halpern uses a Saturn/Saturn IV, Postones uses a Sublime Bubinga. A Tama Starclassic Performer B/B will also do this very well.`

Matt Halpern is actually a Mapex player, so those Saturns would be bang on, IMO.

DW Collectors for Djent?

No problem. Just wrap them like this and you are good to go..................

MonsterDemon-vi.jpg

Back