does anyone make this stick?!

Lickety Britches

I'm on the prowl for my ideal drumstick. I have almost found it in the Jojo Mayer sig stick, the only thing is I was they were oak.

I'd like to find a 5a(ish) size stick, barrel tip, about 15 1/2" length, made of oak. Does this stick exist? if not, anyone have any recommendations for maybe a custom stick. there is some company I found called "customdrumstix" and they offer everything but the barrel tip.

http://promark.com/pmProductDetail....ductname=Hickory_AC_Wood_Tip_Andre_Ceccarelli

This is the closest I have been able to find, after looking at all the stick manufacturers that spring to mind.
Sadly they are not Oak :(

As for the custom sticks... I'm not 100% sure it would be worth it, they will likely be expensive and with a company name like customdrumstix I'm not certain the quality control would be fantastic... Maybe order a pair or two, try them out. If you like them buying them in bulk to keep the prices down will probably be the best option

Purchases from Customdrumstix has been made by other members of this forum and people have mixed feelings about them. The drumsticks themselves are considered well made and the selection and price are very nice, plus they're, you know, custom. But there was some sort of falling out or something between some of the main guys within the company (I'm not 100% sure on the details). Anyway, they stopped production for a good while and some people were left hanging without sticks or a refund.

Now there's a grand reopening so I don't know how they'll handle that fallout.

If you have the cash and are willing to take a chance, I say give it a chance. Maybe call the company, learn some more info first. I'm sure other members will give you more info as well. I know interested in company as well, but I'm waiting to see if they're really ready for more business.

Hope this helps.

Back