What is everyones favourite kit?

We all have our ultimate kit in our head, or we own it. I like to have different drums for different types of music, some kits however cover all types, but theres always just one kit that does it for you. Mine is the tama starclassic bubinga in ultraviolet sparkle. I see it as 'my' sound. Im very lucky to own it.

Im starting to fall in live with the gold sparkle finish on the ludwig classic maple. Nice.

Tell us what your perfect kit is!

Pearl Referance. Thats the kit I will likely never get.
Pearl Masters. That's the kit I may get.
I like Pearl. I know Pearl. I'll play Pearls forever.
Course..that can all change tomorrow..

which ever one i can afford...

since i just bought a mapex saturn, that's gonna have to be it for the next decade or so.....

I can honestly say that I don't have a Fav kit.
I like every drum that I own.
I like every drum that I play that I don't own.

I kind of fall in and out of love with the drums that I own. I rotate them in and out of my playing schedule.
I never get tired of them this way.
The secret is to own many drums and play them all when you want to!

these :D absolutly love 'em will never part with them .

Attachments

• P1900_05-05-10.jpg
    P1900_05-05-10.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,116
  • P1924[03]_05-05-10.jpg
    P1924[03]_05-05-10.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,108
With all the great kits out there, it's hard to have just one favorite, for me anyway.

The kits amongst my favorites in no particular order would be:

Mapex Saturn
Gretsch New Classic
Yamaha Maple Custom/Birch Custom
Pearl Reference
Sonor S Classix
Tama Starclassic B/B

And of course my Mapex Meridians. :)

i want something a long the lines with mrblings kit. but different finish, its a beautiful finish, but i have a different idea in my head that im really passionate about.

I think I'm more like bobdadruma. Like Mrbling, I've owned two DW kits and sold both of them. I rotate in and out of brands, having just gotten into Sonor. I'd really like a Sonor Delite kit next (I have a Force 3007 now, which sounds impressive to me - a pretty flexible kit).

I had a Vistalite kit, loved it, Yamaha Recording Customs, loved 'em, Tamas, Gretsch's, regular woody Ludwigs, Slingerlands, and even some custom made drums from Pro Drum in Hollywood. I guess they're just like clothes, when I've had enough, I shop for something new.

oh yeah, i forgot about Sonor, not sure how. I've been obsessing over a 1 up 2 down like Benny Greb's. i'd also get one of those with either a natural finish, or a refinish of my absolute favorite finish.

Acoustic, my Luddies will "probably" be my last kit. With 2 different sized kicks, 2 rack toms, and 3 floor toms, 7 drums for all ocassions.​
Electric, the Korg Wave drum is my new favorite.​

My first set up drums were a set of Pearl from around 1968ish. I would live to get those back.
My second Kit was the 6 Piece Londoner Serious from Rogers. One of the most roadworthy kits ever made - IMO- and their sound was pretty versatile.
My Current Kit are Gretsch. I have a Catalina Maple set, however, of course, I'd give them up in a heartbeart for a set of USA Customs..

However, If I ever get the opportunity to pick up a set of Sonor Hilites or Delites... I will..! Never heard one of these that I didn't fall on the floor over

Mine is Yamaha!...I've always liked them (going back to the late 70's)...over the last 9-10 yrs. have managed to get three Yamaha kits...love all three:)

I have two, My kit:

attachment.php

And Mike Portnoy's Siamese Monster:
attachment.php

mmm.... tasty.

-Jonathan

Last edited:
My favourite has to be DW's. I've always fantisized a DW kit. Bonham is my favourite drummer and I love Ludwigs but I have to go with DW's. Even though my other two choices would be Ludwig's either Centennial or Vistalite. I think it's all the Rush i've been listening to lately and that Peart (Second favourite drummer) plays DW's now. Also because DW's cost more. I like expensive things that I can't afford lol. Then again Grohl is my third favourite.

..I am a big deedub fan as well.

I bought my first deedub kit eight years ago. Since then I have bought, sold, and traded untill I ended up with these kits. Out of these, the collectors were "MY" drums for the past five years. I love the smaller classic kit, but it is such a different beast sound wise that it prompted me to pick up the bigger classic kit, which has become my new favorite.

I have a feeling that the collectors may become someone elses favorites before too long.

Barry

Back