stuff for recording.

You'll need a decent computer (newer dual/tri/quad core processor, 4GB+ RAM, and a 7200rpm HDD). Also, you're going to need some mic stands ($$$$). Anticipate to spend another $200 on mic clips/stands.

Good initial setup, pretty much what I'm running now. I have the TASCAM US-1641, the predecessor to the US-1800. I do not use the Cubase that comes with TASCAM interfaces, I use Sonar Producer Edition. I cannot get Cubase to install correctly and I'm just use to Cakewalk anyway.

You'll need a decent computer (newer dual/tri/quad core processor, 4GB+ RAM, and a 7200rpm HDD). Also, you're going to need some mic stands ($$$$). Anticipate to spend another $200 on mic clips/stands.

Good initial setup, pretty much what I'm running now. I have the TASCAM US-1641, the predecessor to the US-1800. I do not use the Cubase that comes with TASCAM interfaces, I use Sonar Producer Edition. I cannot get Cubase to install correctly and I'm just use to Cakewalk anyway.

alright, thanks man. ill have to keep this in mind for the near future. i have my beautiful set sitting in my room that i wish i could share my talents with people, but im sadly stuck in my room jamming by myself xD being able to record would make it more worth while

Back