best snare under 250$??

There's always a ton of great snares on eBay. Lately, I want to buy every one I see :)

Yeah I got a really good deal on ebay for a Pearl Sensitone. I actually got a Bronze Pearl Sensitone for 130, and it is almost new. It's 5.5 by 14

Yeah I got a really good deal on ebay for a Pearl Sensitone. I actually got a Bronze Pearl Sensitone for 130, and it is almost new. It's 5.5 by 14

Good job. Let us know how you like it, along with a pic.

i picked up a brass 6.5x14 sensitone last week. with a new weatherking coated controlled sound head. for $165. have not had time to mess with it too much yet.

I got the pearl sensitone bronze today. It sounds amazing, I love it!

At all tunings, it had a distinct sound with a bite. I love cranking it up, it sounds amazing.

It looks good too.

I'll post a pic later

Nice! I've been thinking that the bronze is probably really amazing. I'd love to add one to my collection so I could have my Supra (aluminum), Sensi Brass, and a bronze to round it all out.

Then on to finding a wood snare that I'd like - I know they're out there. I liked my old 5.5x14 Slingerland that I never should have sold...

PICS! Get 'em up soon!

Supras - aluminum?????? That's Luddie blasphemy you know. How dare you call Ludalloy aluminum! ;-)
Right, it's just whatever scrap metal was cheapest and most available that day - mixed in with whatever they swept off the floor, I know. I was trying to be DISCREET!

Before I opened this thread, I thought the majority of answers would be a used supra; no surprise there. It's an amazing workhorse.

GJS[/QUOTisecond that, the older superphonic ludwig, is for me the best sounding snare drum i own.And they are cheap.Everyone shoud own one............

Best buy for 250bucks is a used Snare. u can almost get anything used for 250 with a bit of luck. Happy ebaying!

Back