Mapex Black Panther Blaster kit

ozz

I just put a deposit down on a Mapex Blaster kit. Should be with me if a couple of weeks.

So excited I couldn't stop meself from letting you all know.

:eek:)

Awesome, I'm not alone - I've been waiting since pre NAMM!

Which version are you getting and have you been given an actual date and are you putting in for any additional drums?

So little info here in the UK :0/

Awesome, I'm not alone - I've been waiting since pre NAMM!

Which version are you getting and have you been given an actual date and are you putting in for any additional drums?

So little info here in the UK :0/

Thanks. I've been told it will be two rack toms and two floor toms with a kick

10x7
12x8
14x?
16x?
22x20

Same sizes as my Saturn (which I am tempted to let go of but I love it too much to part with so will have three kits at home!)

I've been told beginning of April but then I don't mind if its end of April as I could do with the time to get the cash together (£1429) on top of the £200 deposit.

Where in the UK are you?

Watch this space :eek:)

These should be the correct sizes:

22x20 BD
10x7 Tom
12x8 Tom
14x12 Floor Tom
16x14 Floor Tom

I got the Blaster snare last night.
The sound scope is so immense, but I can tell that even though I am known for lots of quiet ghost notes in my playing, I'll will need to work on those as the snare's shell just wants to scream out and batter you!

The rim shots are simply sublime and so powerful, they could split an atom!

I may possibly have my kit in the next week (coming from outside of the UK)
I'm in the midlands.

22x20 BD
10x7 Tom
12x8 Tom
14x12 Floor Tom
16x14 Floor Tom

The sound scope is so immense, but I can tell that even though I am known for lots of quiet ghost notes in my playing, I'll will need to work on those as the snare's shell just wants to scream out and batter you!

I'm in the midlands.
Hey dude. I think you are just a little bit excited. :) I am very happy for you. Congrats on your appointment at that other forum. Can't tell you there. So I wanted to tell you here. By the way, I have used electronic drums for over 20 years now, so I have an interest. Make sure you check that new drum kit all over. I mean, all over. Did I mention, all over.

Thanks. I've been told it will be two rack toms and two floor toms with a kick

10x7
12x8
14x?
16x?
22x20

Same sizes as my Saturn (which I am tempted to let go of but I love it too much to part with so will have three kits at home!)

I've been told beginning of April but then I don't mind if its end of April as I could do with the time to get the cash together (£1429) on top of the £200 deposit.

Where in the UK are you?

Watch this space :eek:)
I wouldn't get rid of your Saturn's until you figure out which set sounds better. A lot more Walnut in the Saturns. The Blaster might be a nice mix between the Saturn's and the Orion's.

Hey Cuban. I am sitting here waiting for the DHL truck to show up so I can send 3 of my Saturn's to China for inspection. I told Mapex North America that the drums look like they were made in a different factory. I guess I got someone's attention in China. They want to see them in person.

My 13" Saturn snare that came as a replacement had a crack in the lacquer. I told Mapex Canada just to give me a blaster snare instead of ordering another 13" Saturn. I should get it next week. Here is hoping the quality is better. :)

22x20 BD
10x7 Tom
12x8 Tom
14x12 Floor Tom
16x14 Floor Tom

I'm in the midlands.
The bass drum will actually be a 22" x 18". Unless they custom made one for you.

I picked her up last Friday Cuban. I played her for the last night and although different in material from the Saturn, she's got more warmth than the Saturn but not as much punch, but I don't care. She's a beaut!!! Gigging her for the first time this Saturday.

Pics to follow tonight or tomorrow. And I actually tried out my Tico Torres Pearl Free-floating snare with the Blaster kit last night, a very good combination.

The bass drum will actually be a 22" x 18". Unless they custom made one for you.

No, its definitely a 22"x20" kick.

I have the snare, that's what kicked it all off really

I wouldn't get rid of your Saturn's until you figure out which set sounds better. A lot more Walnut in the Saturns. The Blaster might be a nice mix between the Saturn's and the Orion's.

I actually cannot part with my Saturn's. They too are a Limited Edition kit in the same format as the Blaster.

At least this way I can go eenie meanie miney mo over which kit to take to a gig lol

Glad you guys like your new kits. I have the Blaster snare, and find it anything but warm. My stock Saturn snares are much warmer sounding. The Blaster snare is way too ringy for me. I will probably trade it in on something down the road. The build quality was good on my Blaster, but bad on the Cherry bomb I had at Christmas, that I returned. Guess it is hit and miss with mass production. :)

Hey Cuban. Did you see the little Jungle kit I made out of some extra Saturns I had laying around. I used it up at my guitarists cottage on the weekend. I used an 18" floor tom as my Bass. 10" mounted on top of it. 14" tom converted to a floor tom. 13 x 6 Saturn snare. Got to love the old mounts. They are very versatile.
IMG_2888.jpg

Thought the guys at CSM would like to see this. I can't show them, but you could.

you seem to be missing a tom...

Beautiful kit! but we need more pictures!

-Jonathan

Back