The NEW Batman is.....drum roll

It had everything didn't it?.........including Julie Newmar!! Mmmmmm Julie Newmar.

Which in turn reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer. Mmmmmm Michelle Pfeiffer. Has god ever created a more perfect speciman of beauty? And if he has, he sure as hell didn't put her in latex.

Down boy.....roof,roof......Couldn't agree more.Lee Meriwether and Anne Hathaway ...filled....the costume,and role rather well also.

They can all scratch my post anyday.

The role of catwoman nearly went to Sean Young,instead of Michelle Pfeiffer.

Steve B

And here's what the interweb had to say about Mr Ledger playing the Joker when it was first announced (need some wine to wash those words down with)?
http://cheezburger.com/7756374528

The people that thought Heath Ledger couldn't fill the Jokers shoes,could not have known of the true depth of his talent,nor that he was cast by Christopher Nolan,the mastermind behind the Batman trilogy.

Ben Affleck has yet to display those kind of acting chops,and nothing to date,indicates he has that kind of depth,......but ,we'll see.

Steve B

The people that thought Heath Ledger couldn't fill the Jokers shoes,could not have known of the true depth of his talent,nor that he was cast by Christopher Nolan,the mastermind behind the Batman trilogy.

Ben Affleck has yet to display those kind of acting chops,and nothing to date,indicates he has that kind of depth,......but ,we'll see.

Steve B

But what about Gigli? ; )

Time for yet another internet misunderstanding I guess : )
Nope, comment was directed towards the people who made those comments "back in the day" (hindsight is always 20/20 I guess)!

Ah ok. I figured that much but I wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on your toes.

Well, ok, if not Ben Affleck (and I am not saying he was a good choice) then WHO?

Mark Wahlberg. His repertoire is fairly large, he is able to do most any type of roll from retarded comedy to serious and intense, and overall is a really good actor. Maybe we could splice an old movie of his with Batman, ladies and gentleman I give you The Boogie Knight!

James, I enjoy Christopher Bale's work ever since seeing the scope he brought to the lead villain role in American Psycho.

Did you see "Harsh Times"? Bale does good work in that one, too.

Didn't see Harsh Times, Doc. Will YT it.

Loved the interpretation as presented in The Dark Knight movies. Thought Bale was the best Batman since Adam West!!

Saw an old Batman episode yesterday. I think I like Adam West best after all.

I always thought of Batman as goofy and found it strange for all these "dark" and gloomy depictions crop up. They're entertaining but no matter how serious they try to be, they're still goofy.

A guy dresses up like a bat to fight crime. Nobody ever recognises him under the mask, despite his high profile. He has an arch enemy. The arch enemy has a theme. The Joker or The Penguin.

Goofy, all of it.

Come to think of it, Ben Affleck could work out ... and bring back the Kapow! captions.

Didn't see Harsh Times, Doc. Will YT it.

Saw an old Batman episode yesterday. I think I like Adam West best after all.

I always thought of Batman as goofy and found it strange for all these "dark" and gloomy depictions crop up. They're entertaining but no matter how serious they try to be, they're still goofy.

A guy dresses up like a bat to fight crime. Nobody ever recognises him under the mask, despite his high profile. He has an arch enemy. The arch enemy has a theme. The Joker or The Penguin.

Goofy, all of it.

Come to think of it, Ben Affleck could work out ... and bring back the Kapow! captions.

True, but that was more for another time. Jumping over giant coins, sleeping next to Dick Grayson... The character has undergone a massive re-imagining since, fighting murderers and rapists. You should check out Batman Year One, one of the best graphic novels out there. Bats is seriously one creepy dude, one step away from the loony bill.

Loved the interpretation as presented in The Dark Knight movies. Thought Bale was the best Batman since Adam West!!

As for Val? He may have undersold Batman.......but has there ever been a better Doc Holiday? Now there's a role he completely owned.

"I'll be your little huckleberry."...Killmer was born to play that role.Dennis Quade was good ,but Val just killed it.

Steve B

I was pulling for Jack Black...as long as he put on a couple pounds around the waist...and interpreted the role with plenty of dance.

Back