Todd Sucherman here!

Todd Sucherman

DrummerWorld Pro Drummer
Hey Everyone,

Just dropping a note here at 5 am....just pulling into St. Louis after two amazing days in Chicago, my old hometown.

I've received a lot of positive feedback from the trailer clip of my upcoming DVD, "Methods and Mechanics"shown here at Drummerworld and I thought I'd pass on some news about it.

The release date is August 5th and we're hopefully doing the Blu Ray in the fall. It's an expensive proposition, but for now we have the double DVD shot in HD 16X9 at the replicators now. It clocks in at over 5 hours----so wear something comfortable for viewing! We will start taking pre orders and hopefully ship before the actual release date. You can get the info at Altitudedigital.com
http://altitudedigital.com/todd-sucherman-methods-and-mechanics.html

It will be available worldwide from them. I hope that those who choose to check it out gain much from the content and are entertained at the very least! I'm happy to pass on more information or answer any questions that anyone might have.

Thanks to Bernhard for this incredible site. I mention it by name in the DVD as well.....

And thanks to you guys as well! Cheers and happy drumming--

Todd Sucherman

Yo, Todd

Long time since the Bottom Line!. Great to see you here, and congrats on your MD Fest Performance. I will be up there, so we'll hang. Your DVD looks great from the clips I've seen!

I'm sure everyone here will benefit from your insight. Be safe, and all the best

Pat

Welcome to the site!

Theres actually a thread of "most under-rated drummers" and I posted your name.....

The Dvd looks awesome and I will be purchasing it without hesitatiion....

I hope the MD fest is an outlet where your talents can be seen and appreciated in the drumming community on a larger scale....

I certainly echo LinearDrummer here, and would like to welcome Todd Sucherman to DW. It's great to have you, Mr. Sucherman. And Good Luck with ALL your endeavors.

And I'll be sure to pick up your new dvd next month. ;-)

Thank You! :)

Pat---yes, long time indeed! Was that the last time? Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Linear and Michael---thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate the kind words, support, and "welcome" over here at DW. Nice to be here!

Cheers from the road, now in Milwaukee.....

Todd

Welcome Todd!!

Your drumming is an inspiration and your drum setup is always rad looking.

Hope to gain some insight from you as you continue to post here at Drummerworld.

All the best,

Dom

Welcome Todd!!

Where in Chicago were you, I wish I had known, I would love to have seen you play?

Rick

Hey Todd,

Love your playing and can't wait for your instructional video. As a guy that bugs Tama to make make 6" toms in almost every line they offer (so far I've got (2)6" toms in Starclassic Maple,a Starclassic Perfromer Birch and a Starclassic Bubinga) I'd love to see you reinstate a 6" in your Masterworks kit. I know you have said that Pearl doesn't make a mount that fits a 6" but I believe that an ISS can be fitted to do so with a little custom work.

I'm sure you think they sound like tin cans but they are fun to have!!! Keep up the great playing!!!

Dan, Trip, Chuck---Thanks a lot! I appreciate your kind words very much.

Rickk-- We played at Charter One Pavilion with Boston. It was a beautiful "perfect" night in Chicago. The next night we did the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley Field and sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" Harry Carry style. It was just incredible.

Bernhard---Thanks, dear friend! You'll be getting a dvd in the first batch hot off the press.

Gongbass---thank you! You know, my Ayotte 6" was great and I have a Sonor Rosewood 6" that's pretty far from sucking. I've grown accustomed to the double 8's (8x7 and 8x8). The 2nd 8" is the meaty one. The first is up in the Phil Collins "gock" range and projects extremely well. So, the jones for a 6" has not been in my mind really. Damn. Am I gonna fixate on this now? That's all I need! Thanks, Gongdrum!!!

Cheers from home....briefly......

Todd

Oh wow, the trailer has some of the best drum sounds I've heard in a long time, especially your snare. Is that a Masterworks?

Thanks for the kind words!

The audio for the trailer is the SCRATCH audio. We banged that trailer out in 2 days to get it to Pro Mark and Audix in time for their booths at the NAMM show last January. I'm happy to say that the MIXED versions are significantly better than the trailer. I'm thrilled you dug the sounds---you're gonna dig it more on the real thing.

Cheers!
Todd

Welcome Todd.

We have met and talked a few times. Always a gentleman. You are truly one of the most underrated drummers.. enough butt kissing.

As a fellow collector, I admire your collection and taste in drums.

Best of luck and continued success!

Wow, that's not even really mixed? WOW. Is it panned on the DVD? That would be the greatest-sounding drum DVD ever at that point.

And what's the batter head on the snares? Coated Ambassador?

Hi Todd

I was used to see you post on HOD but you being on DW forum is definitely a PLUS.

I wish you the best of luck and lot of success with your new DVD, which look awesome and phenomenal.

I just want to point out that I've read the Deen Castronovo article in Modern Drummer and he have for you so much respect, "You're a beast" from his own words (which is true). It's pleasant to see how much respect & humility float around the drumming community. BTW, did Deen and you met for his lessons session ?

Take care & A+

Latzanimal---thanks for your kind words!

dwsabianguy-- I'm sure there is some sort of stereo field going on, but we didn't do a 5.1 if that's what you mean. It's funny what an organic thing recording is.....over the 4 days the mics didn't move and nothing changed. There are sections where the drums are particularly sweet sounding and others where it might be a shade darker or different in some way. The differences are minute but noticeable to me. Nonetheless I hope you it satisfies you and that you dig it.

mind drummer--- Thanks a lot! Yeah, I was very flattered by Deen's compliments in his MD interview. He's such a nice guy and we had a lot of fun on the Styx/Journey tour in '03. He's quite a bad-ass player and have you heard him sing? WOW. Tremendous. He called me around the holidays and wanted to come down for a visit and that's the last I heard from him. I'm sure our paths will cross before the year is over.

Thanks again, guys!
Todd

Welcome Todd.

I first saw you at the Montreal Drum festival in 06. I must confess I hadn't heard about you before then, but your performance that day earned you another fan. It's great to have you here at DW.

The DVD looks and sounds amazing.

Mr. Brownstone-----thanks! Montreal Drum fest was so much fun. It's a fond memory on many levels and I'm flattered that you enjoyed my performance there. And THANKS for the avatar!

DVD UPDATE:

The 5.8 earthquake in LA the other day has delayed our production, hopefully no longer than 4 or 5 days. We were supposed to have product and begin shipping by now but the replication house in LA had to inspect and re calibrate all the machines, etc. So, for those that have place orders I offer my apologies on behalf of mother nature who will win every time. Sorry for the delay!

Thanks for your interest, your orders, and your patience!

Todd

Back