Pork Pie Kit - Yay or Nay?

I'm not really sure about video, I don't do much that involves video recording, and being the snob I am, I won't put up anything of me drumming that's not somewhat higher quality than what you normally see. I did get to bust them out at Church tonight, the first time I got to play them in a live setting, and with minimal tuning, and a small piece of material on the reso head of the kick, they sounded...breath-takingly good. I got many compliments on them, from both drummers and non-drummers alike that could tell a huge difference, in looks and sound from the Yamaha stage customs I normally played on Sunday nights.

Here's a few pics I snapped before things got started tonight - still working on adapting my current hardware to fit the hanging floor, just need more time to fiddle with it.

congrats on your Porks.

I own a set from 2001 and absolutely love them to bits..

nice finish on your kit as well. it's timeless, you'll be hard pressed to get sick of that finish.

2004... so yours should be made with keller shells.

I think Bill switched suppliers in 2005ish(?).

nicely aged keller shells... made in good o' US. lovely.

awesome deal as well. you basically got yourself a set of US Customs for the price of a little squealer kit.

congrats and enjoy. I have no doubt that kit will give you many moments of joy.
I know I have eargasm everytime I play mine. :)

Of course you'll be happy with these drums.

Bill D. is the bomb and these babies will keep on giving over many years.

I live close to the PP main shop and have been there a couple of times. I own (3) of his snares. If I ever sell my YMCAN's then Pork Pies are what I'd get.

Jim

Back