Website Issue

I can't find the web page that talks about this but I saw where they said some ads hijack the website and cause this problem. However, they did not say what ads they are.

Is there a webmaster on this site that monitors things like this or are we pretty much on our own?

- SKK

Everything is great here on Netscape Navigator.

I'd like to update this issue. I just joined the forum and find it annoying that any thread that opens, won't allow you to click your "Back" button in the browser. You can click it a dozen times but it won't do anything. So, you either have to close that forum topic and re-open the browser and go back to the forum. Or, you can right-click the "Back" button and you'll see your current URL (checkmarked), www.nobodycares.ca/dw.html, and the previous page(s).

I'm using Internet Explorer 10, but I don't think that changes anything with regards to that "nobodycares" URL. It's only DrummerWorld.com that's putting that in the browser, other sites or forums I'm participating in don't do this. Any code on the site pages referencing that URL should be removed.

I believe this weird URL, www.nobodycares.ca/dw.html, is causing this issue. I tried visiting that URL to see what was up, and it just did a Google search...and guess what the first hit was? "Website Issue - DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION".

I should mention I'm a network administrator and I've done websites in the past...nothing special, just good ole HTML in Notepad, the old-school way.

Can the admin or a moderator notify the webmaster or web host and ask them to look into this?

EDIT: I did some research and turned up this info:

http://jsunpack.jeek.org/dec/go?report=2b611d7e40942b2fa86744be4d537ac4be2f2492

The bothersome tidbit is that it's somehow related to Ask.com, a site/company known for its spyware-like browser search plugins and unethical methods of installing on people's computers.

The problem is you're the one person still using Explorer?
(FYI- Back buttons work fine with Chrome/ Firefox)
I don't buy that. I.E. has been included with every Windows version since Windows 95 OSR2, if I'm not mistaken. It's the default browser for a great many corporations, because it's always present, and it's the only one that admins can control via global policies, and thus somewhat secure & standardize a corporate software environment. QA testing must be done for I.E. before any of the other 3rd-party browsers because those are all non-standard, with regards to Windows. :)

Thanks Coelacanth for your comments. I brought this issue up because it is extremely annoying. Originally I thought it was something unique to me and my settings but apparently that’s not the case.

I don’t know who the moderator is or how to contact him/her. In most issues I’ve noted on other sites, I usually hear something back (not always what I wanted to hear but it was something). Now I realize by no means do I know much about this stuff. I just mention what I’m experiencing. If I’m alone, no big deal, but in this case it looks like there are numerous other with the same complaint.

Oh well……
SKK

No worries, EssKayKay...the problem might not manifest itself in all browsers, but that doesn't mean the problem in the code doesn't exist. It's certainly not something I've experienced on any other forum, so it's something in the code in DrummerWorld that's invoking that "bogus" page, which seems to be preventing the "Back" button from loading the previous page, at least a good part of the time.

I know enough about it to give some educated guesses, but only the webmaster can resolve it...hopefully an admin or mod will send the webmaster an email to look into it.

What the.......I still can't use my back button????

Attachments

• tearing-out-hair.jpg
    tearing-out-hair.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 156
  • fix_it.png
    fix_it.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 157
  • bprMf.jpg
    bprMf.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 158
Still not working here, the nobodycares page doesn't allow a back click.

It's a "feature" with the way IE handles iframes - it inserts the requested URL into the browser's history when the iframe navigates to a new place (which I believe it does in this case when the DNS lookup fails). Unfortunately it seems no amount of client-side fiddling will be able to fix this, so Bernhard will have to remove the iframe or point it to somewhere that actually works. I recommend its removal because iframes are absolutely horrible!

I'd assume this is at the bottom of every page here because at one point he used it for tracking or analytics or somesuch - this is a common use case.

For the love of Pete already, can someone contact the webmaster or forum administrator about this?? Issue still occurs, "Back" button doesn't function due to the aforementioned "nobodycares" URL linked in a frame. It's been 10 days (and probably more) since someone first noticed it, and this is a major site. It should be an easy fix, almost all the troubleshooting info that's needed is posted right in this topic.

This is clearly not merely a browser or computer issue; it's a problem with the code.

Rather than start another thread, I have noticed a sporadic website issue, and wondered if anyone else has noticed it.

When I go to the main page of the forums - DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM - that shows what the latest thread is in each area,
sometimes the thread shown on that page can't be found when you go into the forum.

For example, it'll list a thread as the latest in the 'general discussion' area, then when I click on 'general discussion' to go into the forum, the thread isn't there.

If I go back to the main page and click on the listed thread from that page, it will show up.

Hard to follow description, I know. But it would be easily understood if I could show it to you.

Back