New Drum Method book

*JOHN FAVICCHIA *

I wanted to let everyone know here at DW that my new book is out. It is called Elements and is available on Alfred Music

With Elements, drummer John Favicchia presents a comprehensive system to improve your drumming vocabulary and improvisational skills. After presenting the elements—one-beat variations of basic sixteenth-note and triplet rhythms—Favicchia shows you how to execute accent figures in any place in the measure, play accents in any desired position combined with double-stroke rolls, orchestrate all your ideas in more creative ways around the kit, improvise with much more freedom, recognize and execute any given ensemble figure encountered on a chart, solo around the hits while playing with a band (no matter where the hits fall), and more.

Included is an MP3/data disc jam-packed with examples from the book and play-along charts.

Attachments

• ELEMENTS COVER JPG small.jpg
    ELEMENTS COVER JPG small.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 259
For those unfamiliar with John, please go check him out. His name should be at the head of every one of those "underrated drummer" threads. He is truly a great player, with great technique, groove and feel and he does some coordination stuff that just confuses my mind. Also, a great guy! I have not yet checked out his book but it is one I will not hesitate to add to my collection.

Paul

Oh....heck yeah.
Great John....glad you got it out.
I got your message yesterday......I'll reach out today at some point....just getting settled from being away.......and, leaving again tomorrow! Haha.

D.

Congrats on the book, Fav.

I've been hip to it myself and already taking it in some directions of my own. there's a lot you can do with it. It will be great to see what's in the book.

.......Starts and the most basic level ......

Ok, with so many plugs for you from all these senior members, it sparked my interest :). What do you mean by "basic level"?

Do you mean beginner drummer level, like myself?

@ Haroldo-Yes I ment begging level .

@ Roddy-Thanks brother!! Call anytime. I am home for the next week!!

@ Paul. Thanks very much. Lets talk soon!

@ Delta-Yes, I know you are hip to Elements! The book is pretty serious and goes into alot of detail. Plus there is 20 Bass player along tracks and many full band play along tracks from my last CD.

Back