Official forum UK meet up/other arrangements/news. London Drum Show!

Andy

Honorary Member
London Drum Show 2014 is a big deal this year, for many reasons. Double the size (by far Europe's biggest dedicated drumming event) & a stellar artist lineup are just two highlights I can think of. Dates are Saturday November 8th/Sunday November 9th. http://www.londondrumshow.com/visit/live-stage/

Background info out of the way, please use this thread for all information about forum member participation & arrangements. I'll kick off with early arrangements for the Drummerworld forum group photo.

This year, the forum member photo call will be a bit different. I've reached out to well known & respected pro forum members, & I've already had positive replies. Most kindly, both Gavin & Todd have agreed to attend the forum group photo shoot on the Saturday despite their busy programs. Unfortunately, that means a slightly fluid meet up time arrangement that will likely only be nailed down on the day, so communication will be key. Please chime in/check in here for details as we get closer to the event, & also to let us know who will be attending.

That's all for now. Just remains for me to say how much I'm looking forward to meeting faces old & new.

Andy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a touch early, but please chime in on who's attending. I'm trying to arrange some forum member treats, in addition to Gavin Harrison & Todd Sucherman graciously agreeing to join in the forum photo :)

I know it's a touch early, but please chime in on who's attending. I'm trying to arrange some forum member treats, in addition to Gavin Harrison & Todd Sucherman graciously agreeing to join in the forum photo :)

For the purposes of being official, because I know you know, Liam and I are coming on the Saturday.

I'm going to price a.flight across the pond and the cost.of a London hotel room. Last time I visited I stayed at the Park Lane Hilton but that was on my employer's dime. If I make the trip, the accommodation won't be as nice but man, what a great excuse for a trip! Now if I can just swing the finances.

I'm there again on the Saturday & looking forward to it immensely.

Very much up for a meet up again.

I've got a gig in the Netherlands on the Saturday...and I have no idea when I'll be back on the Sunday so I can't promise to be there at all, unfortunately...

Thanks for organising, Andy. Sounds like an excellent plan.
Would be great to meet those of you guys who can make it.
I have some plans for that Saturday I'll have to try to re-arrange, so a maybe for now.

A mixture of good & bad news. Duncan missing Saturday's festivities, Ben missing altogether, really not good. On the plus side, new people for me to meet :)

I'm going to price a.flight across the pond and the cost.of a London hotel room. Last time I visited I stayed at the Park Lane Hilton but that was on my employer's dime. If I make the trip, the accommodation won't be as nice but man, what a great excuse for a trip! Now if I can just swing the finances.
You're kidding - right? Really? Wow, I can promise a super welcome:) Don't forget to factor in a shipping saving on a certain drum ;) ;) ;)

if you want help finding a hotel, please let me know. Of course, it's late in the day for bargains. We're staying in a small low end budget hotel we nailed for cheap earlier this year. As long as it's clean, that's enough. We won't be spending any time there anyhow other than sleeping.

The most annoying thingh though Andy is I get into london at 10.58...and then need to get across to the olympia.

emans I won't get there for 11.30 at least and I'll miss Michelle doing her thing!!

Bugger!

D

I know you told me ages ago you were going on the Sunday, Duncan, but I've only just realised this means I won't see you :'(

I'll just have to hang around with dear David and Liam and rely on them to cheer me up.

Incidentally, what if anything do people have on their shopping lists? Finances permitting (I still have one more saddle to sell) I'm after a new crash. I know exactly what I want, but I'm going to test-drive as many as I can, just for the hell of it.

Incidentally, what if anything do people have on their shopping lists? Finances permitting (I still have one more saddle to sell) I'm after a new crash. I know exactly what I want, but I'm going to test-drive as many as I can, just for the hell of it.

Lol... and you seem to think i have money for anything bar possibly bringing a picnic with me aha. Seriously? Yeah nothing unless i get birthday money, in which case maybe a drum head or sticks.

Rearranged plans for Saturday, so see you guys there!

I know you told me ages ago you were going on the Sunday, Duncan, but I've only just realised this means I won't see you :'(

I'll just have to hang around with dear David and Liam and rely on them to cheer me up.

Nothing for me either - mostly curious about the atmosphere...

Back