INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Greetings from The Bahamas ...

hello dw, i just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself to the board. originally from canada, i'm an amateur drummer that now resides in the bahamas. i've been playing for about fifteen years and tend to play mostly rock cover music. i'm a member of a few other forums (non drumming) and look forward to getting to know the place. see below a stock picture of my pearl forum kit minus the goodies added over the years. all the best.

p9251h-104490db7038ccb8c32760e05e59f403.jpg

Peace

Hello everyone,
My name is Maxhammerstrike . I'm 53, been playin' for a very long time. I am currently on a set of classic Rodgers power set with Paiste cymbals. I am in a rock band focused on the best of the hard rockin 70's. no pop, no disco, no country........ I have learned so much from this forum and want to thank you all. Hope to contribute in the future !!
Rock On,
Stay Frosty

Re: Peace

Hello!

I trust you are doing well. I like your thread title "Peace", what kind of Paiste series do you play?

Cheers...

I am currently on a set of classic Rodgers power set with Paiste cymbals.
Welcome to Drummerworld. And now .... come back here. Don't be telling us you play a classic Rogers kit, and then leave the room. Ya gotta post pictures of that kit, so we can enjoy the eye candy.​

Hey Guys,
Its a Rodgers XP8 kit from 1983, probably not a classic. It is built like a tank and sounds like thunder. It has the extended shells 12x12,13x13,16x16 and a 18x22 bass. It has played a lot of gigs and is a little rough around the edges but I love the sound I get out of it.
I will put up some shots of it. I am running Paiste Alpha's 14,16,17,18 thin crashes and a zildgen sweet ride and old zildgen hats, The Alphas really surprised me and didn't break the bank.

Max

My late 70's XP8 kit, so I know exactly what you have. Classic enough, in my book. The first "all maple" shell. Set the stage for everyone else.​

Attachments

• 6a00e54f08b7be8834010536cbe910970c-800wi.jpg
    6a00e54f08b7be8834010536cbe910970c-800wi.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 409

For a second a thought this was a discussion of the Peace brand of drums.

Yeah, Rogers photos would be nice. Come on... :)

Really! Come on! Give a shot on those Peace Drums...

Re: Greetings from The Bahamas ...

Now this is one instance where we'd rather see photos of the beach and ocean INSTEAD of your drum kit :)

Welcome.

How about a pic of his drums on the beach.

Welcome to the form

Rodgers XP8's , with Pork Pie snare

Attachments

• drum .25.jpg
    drum .25.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 496
  • drum .26.jpg
    drum .26.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 785
Hey everyone, this is Martino, i'm 27 and I come from Italy, and I've been playing drums since i was 9, even if it's a lifetime passion that began when I was 2.
very glad to have joined this amazing forum!

cheers

Real name? Elias Kijera Simpson
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? Around 7 years?
Origin of user name? My middle name, with drums in it :p
Your top 5 drummers? Travis Barker, Matt Greiner, Abe Cunningham, John Bonham, Justin Foley
Make of drumkit? Sonor 3007
Make of cymbal? Stagg Myra 17", Paiste Alpha Medium 18", Paiste 2000 Power Ride 20" Paiste Alpha 14" Hi Hats, Stagg DH 18" China, Stagg DH 12" China
Where do you practice? college and at home
Are you in a band? Yes www.facebook.com/TemerusOfficial
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Metalcore, progressive, metal
Favourite take out food? Burgers!!
What country do you live in? England
One really odd fact about yourself? Hmm, I start fills and double bass left footed on a righty kit?
How did you start drumming? When I was around 10 my music teacher saw I had good rhythm and told me to start getting lessons, I switched from guitar :)

Real name? Thomas
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? 15 Years
Your top 5 drummers? Kim Plainfield, Jojo Mayer, Frank Katz, Bernard Purdie, Jeff Porcaro
Make of drumkit? Mapex Meridian Maple
Make of cymbal? Meinl, Sabian
Where do you practice? Berklee's practice facilities
What style of music? Funk, Fusion, R&B, DnB
What country do you live in? US
How did you start drumming? Started playing in my elementary school band in 1997

Welcome to the brotherhood!

What about drumming on a sailing boat with hot ladies...

thanks for the kind words guys. i'll work on a proper drum / beach / boat / chick picture. stay tuned. lol.

Greetings from Quebec, Canada!

Heyyyy!

I'm new to this place, and I'm going to buy my new drum kit this weekend, switching from an old "TRAK" drum kit worth something like 100$ to a TAMA SUPERSTAR... While I'm here I need you guys to tell me if this is a good deal!

Here is the picture, if any of you can identify the model and make... I'd love you!
523687_10150767418912593_720352592_9356740_1372486421_n.jpg

I'm getting all this for 600$ + another 500$ in cymbals (Hi-Hat, 17' Crash, 20' China, Ride) all Zildjian. Going to inquire on the exact models. I was told this kit was worth more than 3000$ fully equipped (with all the stands, and the kit itself, and the cymbals... etc) I'll take a picture when I get it!

So yeah... Also, wanted to know where I can get 2 extra toms for it, since it only comes with one! It comes with the 12' tom, and I'd need the same set toms, the 8' and the 10'.

________

Soooooooooo a little about me...

I'm a french canadian, I listen to technical progressive melodic death metal ! Haha yeah, complicated stuff. Probably gave you a headache too! :) My goal is to eventually be able to create and play this style. For now, I'm a newbie and started playing 2 months ago. Had a hard time with the money beat but after 2 months I'm now playing some bullet for my valentine, which isn't really bad I guess! Didn't take any classes or courses either.

I'm a self-teaching person, I'll rarely go and pay for teaching services, the internet is a vast learning place!

So yeah, I love hockey, and I follow the Detroit Red Wings since I was a little kid, even though I live in Montreal. My main interests are computers, hockey and drumming (+ music of so many genres, mainly progressive death).

Glad to meet you all and I hope I get a lot of information here from you all! I hope I can become something pretty good in the upcoming months/years ! :)

~ Sébastien

Re: Greetings from Quebec, Canada!

..... to a TAMA SUPERSTAR... While I'm here I need you guys to tell me if this is a good deal!
OK, I'm kinda confused by you wording. Are you getting everything for $600 .... or are you paying $600 for the drums, and $500 for the cymbals?​
Superstars (new) run around $750. And if you pay sales tax up there, then that's more. So, good deal, maybe not. So so deal, perhaps.​
As far as the cymbals go, series (model) is extremely important. I'd venture to say, pass on the cymbals. A guy with a Superstar kit is probably not going to have Zildjian A, A Custom, or K cymbals. And if he does, he's gonna advertise that fact. So, if he's selling ZBT's, ZHT's, or ZXT's, I'd pass on the cymbals. Unless, of course, the whole package is $600, out the door. If that's the case, not a bad deal.​

Here is the picture, if any of you can identify the model and make... I'd love you!
You've already identified the make (Tama) and model (Superstar) yourself.​

Back