Where to buy sticks in bulk?

Ethan01

Hi guys, I'm curious where can I buy sticks online or off in bulk. I mean > 3 pairs at a time. I use Vater 5B but am willing to go elsewhere if I can get a lot of sticks at a time.

More than 3 pairs at a time isn't bulk. Do you have a local music store?

Maybe you can check out your local shop.
I'm currently working with one to carry my favorite stick. It's isn't a normal stock item for them but they said they could make it a regular stock item for me since I will actually buy them. Additionally, they are giving me a price break for ordering multiple pairs.
So check out your local guys, you might get a good deal too.

Well that's what I mean... the local GC's version of bulk is 3 pairs. I'd rather get 10 pairs or more at a time.

I live in Boston, I do have a few local stores. I'll make some calls =)

10 or more get them off of e-bay.

If you are willing to use "seconds" (sticks that have slight visual or other blemishes), Vater sells bulk packs of their "Goodwood" sticks, $40USD for 12 pairs. I'm considering getting a pack of these for everyday practice, and using the regular sticks for gigs only. I don't chew up sticks but the tips get flattened out fairly quickly.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vater-Goodwood-Drumsticks-12Pack?sku=423311

Incidentally, what does everyone do with older sticks that are still OK, but not up to your normal standard, or sticks that you tried out and didn't like? I put mine in a big box that I've had for years but I don't know what to do with them.

If you are willing to use "seconds" (sticks that have slight visual or other blemishes), Vater sells bulk packs of their "Goodwood" sticks, $40USD for 12 pairs. I'm considering getting a pack of these for everyday practice, and using the regular sticks for gigs only. I don't chew up sticks but the tips get flattened out fairly quickly.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vater-Goodwood-Drumsticks-12Pack?sku=423311

Incidentally, what does everyone do with older sticks that are still OK, but not up to your normal standard, or sticks that you tried out and didn't like? I put mine in a big box that I've had for years but I don't know what to do with them.

I just bought the Fusion ones of these not too long ago... played the hell out of a few pairs and nothing has broken yet. I loved my Vater 5Bs too and shredded (but never broke) 3 or 4 pairs over the course of about a year and a half+, and these Goodwood ones seem to be just as durable. Definitely recommend them since they're extremely cost effective and simply have a different set of ink on the side of it.

Back