Deantoni Parks

jastjohn

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this guy yet. He was doing the live-drums-DnB/Breakbeat/Jungle thing years ago! And he doesn't even do that much anymore, he's patented this new style that makes him sound like a Robot-Roland 808 (in a really cool, organic way). Check out Kudu, or better yet, the new Meshell Ndegeocello album, The World Has Made Me the Man of My Dreams (check out the track Article 3). Also, now that she's gone from Gene Lake, to Abe Laboriel, to Sean Rickman, to Chris Dave, and now to Parks, (apologies to any I've forgotten), the truth is out-- Meshell knows how to pick the absolute best in the biz...

Last edited:
JUst clicked on the link you posted, seems dodgy, windows closing, iTunes opened and tried to connect to some crap. What the hell?

Deantoni is the MAN! Him and Adam Deitch are probably my two favorite young/modern drummers. I'm not so crazy about the new stuff D is doing (I respect it, it's just not my sound), but the old Kudu from earlier this decade is sooooo DOPE! I still listen to that stuff regularly.

I had a Kudu album given to me a while back. I didn't realize he played for Meshell N'degiacello. Which album? I'll google it up right after this I'm sure.

I forgot about Kudu, I gotta go back and give them a listen.

Algorithm beat me to it, but yeah, he's with the Mars Volta now. He's been getting a lot of hate cuz Thomas Pridgeon's gone, but Deantoni is just as good. Can't wait for the new album!

"Leedy bass drums from the 1880's" nice!

So much great stuff to listen to, ur the man for posting all this gold, thanks brother!

Back