What E-kit for rehearsals with Jamhub?

jarrett

I'm a bass player that has a room setup in my house for band rehearsals for a couple of different bands that I'm in. I've got an acoustic drum set, bass amp, guitar amp, PA, mics, etc. all setup and that has worked well in the past. But I am getting tired of dealing with the volume of all of that and would like to move to a lower volume solution.

I've ordered a JamHub and we are going to switch to using that with acoustic drums for the time being, but ultimately I would like to get a relatively inexpensive set of electronic drums that drummers could come over and use for rehearsals along with the JamHub.

I want to spend as little as possible, but I want to make sure the sound quality is good and that the drummers hate them as little as possible. So I am looking for recommendations on a relatively good electronic kit that drummers don't hate playing on and sounds good, but doesn't break the bank. It doesn't have to be elaborate, just the basics.

I noticed that Hello Music has their Alesis kits on sale. Another drummer told me to look into Roland TD-12's I believe. I'm kind of flying blind and need some solid input from those with experience.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Craigslist, Roland, MESH HEADS.

A couple years ago, we started using E drums and a jamhub because of my close neighbors.

After a while I realized that we could actually play amplified thru the PA and the sound doesn't really travel outside. The important factor here was the E drums.A drums are freaking loud and the amplified instruments are simply trying to keep up with them.

I used to think that the guitars set the decibel levels but have learned that the drums are the real culprit.

What Roland sound module is the way to go? How do I know which have mesh heads? What's a decent price for something like that? Thanks.

What Roland sound module is the way to go? How do I know which have mesh heads? What's a decent price for something like that? Thanks.

1. Depends on the budget. Any module will let you build at least one decent sounding kit.

2. They look different than rubber pads and the description says......mesh heads. They feel more like a real drum head and they aren't loud/slappy..

3. $500 to $1500

I have a jamhub for my band rehearsals. Anyone who tries it is blown away.

Electronic drums are very contentious issue. Guys that use e-drums all the time love them. I do. When I have musician buddies over to my place, I have myself and 3 other drummers who show up from time to time. 3 of us are fine and happy playing my older yamaha rubber padded set, my other buddy refuses to play them, he hates them so much.

Roland starter set - around $1000 new, depending on where you are.
http://www.roland.com/V-Drums/lineup/mid-range.html#TD11K

The white snare drum is the mesh head that was mentioned by Bo above.

This would be my recommendation for a bottom Yamaha set:
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/el-drumkit/dtx502/dtx522k/?mode=model#tab=product_lineup

I myself have an older Yamaha DTxtreme IIS that was a top of the line set from a few years ago that used are around $1200, so the same price range, but an excellent kit. I love mine.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yamaha-DTXtreme-IIs-digital-drum-set-kit-excellent-/131094841703?pt=US_Drums&hash=item1e85dc8967&_uhb=1

Back