new double pedal shopping

braincramp

Gold Member
I went last night to get a new double pedal...sam ash in King of Prussia has a great selection..I started with the axis and a used trick (great price)...I just could not get comfortable with the direct drive on these..though the trick was tempting due to its low price and seemed to be really well built... it came down to the mapex falcon and a dw5000... then I went to the e-drum area and saw they had double pedals on almost every set.. played the 5000 again and was going to go with it until I come across the tama speed cobra (there wasnt any of these set-up in the double pedals area??) the second I started playing it I noticed something different from all the other pedals..I felt connected...love the big pedals(I wear size 13 shoes)..it just seemed so super smooth and so right...looks like this ones a keeper!!!

Im torn between this one and an axis, but no shops in my area have the speed cobra yet. Any chance you can post some pics of it?

I too will be double pedal shopping soon. Judging from reading about them, I'll probably either go with a DW5000, a Yamaha chain link, or the speed cobra. But the drum shop near me has a good selection, so I might find one I like even better.

Guys, you might want to wait a little for the Mapex raptor. Direct drive, slightly longer footboards, and its going to be under $300 for the double.

Im torn between this one and an axis, but no shops in my area have the speed cobra yet. Any chance you can post some pics of it?

I have to pick up a cord for my camera to pc...but looks wise surely nothing special...its vey light..sleek looking..the beaters are a little wierd..pointy..I switched to my dualist beaters and perfer them...after playing on my set for 3 hours I'm doing so much better then using my old pulse ..good investment

I have me a double speed cobra coming to me this week, can't wait. I have been using an Eliminator for the past two years but I've been feeling like my size 12 foot is too big for the footboard. I still can't do doubles plus the footboard gives me no slide no matter how I customize it.

the pearl DEMON DRIVE is a great pedal! direct drive with the closest ajustability to the trick pro-1v, but with the traditional expansion spring(feels more like a traditional pedal). heavy hitting. sweet carrying case. and a double pedal converts to 2 single pedals without the need for buying extra parts. seems like a win win if your not broke. i highly recommend trying these out. ive tried iron cobras, axis, dw 9000, and tricks prov-1v, and the demon drives are jus pillows to me feet. totally worth the money for serious metal drummers!

Sounds like you like chain drive.

Mapex Falcon or Tama Speed Cobra definately.

Ah I've realised strap and direct drive aren't for me at all they lack the ruggedness of a chain pedal and I really like that. Tried the Demon Drives, Speed cobras, Trick, I own a Sleishman and the Falcon is my favourite although I did try a DW 9000 the other day and I fell in love with it. I may own one of those one day too.

After several chain-drives (Yamaha & DW5000) I switched to a direct-drive Pearl Demon Drive a few years back. I can only say it is in a different class to chain-drive pedals.

Always had a problem with the weight of the footboard on the Tama pedals btw. Yamaha was much better for me.

Back