Compact gear bag?

Hello all, I am building a 'compact' kit from some cheap toms I bought online (and a Danmar kick riser) to save my back trucking stuff to practices. I seem to have all the parts I need except a gig bag, and this is mainly because my local shops don't have many in stock so I'm kind of guessing about 'real feel' size.

The bag will need to hold two relatively lightweight boom stands (probably Pearl 900's, I could go lighter but they'll both need to hold a cymbal and a tom); a lightweight-ish hi-hat stand (again probably a Pearl 900); a lightweight snare stand; a kick pedal; a lightweight seat; and associated minor hardware (the kick riser, etc).

Can anyone recommend a good, lightweight, small bag for this?

As of now I'm leaning towards the Gibraltar GHTB. I'd actually prefer the Humes & Berg bag, but it's gigantic, while the Gibraltar is a bit less bulky. But I'm open to other suggestions. Portability is the key, price is secondary. Wheels aren't really important.

Thanks!

Check out some baseball bat bags locally if you can. I have some lightweight hardware I carry in one and it's perfect!

Check out some baseball bat bags locally if you can. I have some lightweight hardware I carry in one and it's perfect!

Also golf bags. A friend of mine here bought a nylon golf bag, ripped all the guts out, and it holds all of his stands perfectly. They're made to be carried around a golf course, so the straps are probably the most comfortable of any bag around... They can be a bit pricey tho...

Also golf bags. A friend of mine here bought a nylon golf bag, ripped all the guts out, and it holds all of his stands perfectly. They're made to be carried around a golf course, so the straps are probably the most comfortable of any bag around... They can be a bit pricey tho...

Pawn shops and thrift stores usually have golf bags for cheap.

Back