Slide technique on a crappy bass drum pedal!

Jonesy

So, currently I'm using an entry level Gibraltor pedal ($250 for the double pedal, 3 years ago :p). For the past few months I've been focusing on my single pedal technique, and I've felt the most comfortable with the slide technique. However, I am having a lot of problems getting it steady, which seems to be a result of a lack of rebound from the beater. I tried replacing the spring to increase the tension, but that hasn't seemed to work. Could this be a result of the pedal being just plain crappy? Would a higher end single pedal help me achieve more consistency? Thanks!

quality equipment, especially when it comes to a pedal will help you achieve your goals.. also once you buy it and use it you can see how close you actually are to your goals because you can no longer wonder if your pedal was holding you back...

i have a dw 5000 series single pedal and i can make it sing. i recommend it or the 9000 series

quality equipment, especially when it comes to a pedal will help you achieve your goals.. also once you buy it and use it you can see how close you actually are to your goals because you can no longer wonder if your pedal was holding you back...

i have a dw 5000 series single pedal and i can make it sing. i recommend it or the 9000 series

Ya, The 5000/9000 pedals are my top consideration as of now. However I've never played any of them so I need to do some testing before I buy anything.

Back