First drum kit

Looks very much like the session pro / medeli / alesis kit.
If it's your very first kit, never played the drums before, then it will probably do to get the feel of whether you will stick at it.
I wouldn't be expecting too much from it, but will definately do for complete novice.
You'll probably find there is only 1 preset kit that actually sounds like a drumkit lol

Edit: On second closer look, it is identical to the session pro dd506, the only difference is the module which could be good, or it could be very cheap chinese toot!

Hi,

As a first kit, I wouldn't look too much into the quality of the sounds, but more for the feel of the kit and the build quality. Most kits at this price range don't have the best sounds, but the build quality varies significantly. I would look for a kit with mesh heads rather than membrane heads as they feel a lot more realistic and you will be able to move between electronic and acoustic kits very easily.

One good example is the Traps E500. The sounds are good and the build quality is very good. It has a full metal rack, mesh heads all round that can be tuned for tension.

You can also hook the brain up with MIDI to a computer to use drum software like BFD to record.

The kits in the same price range have plastic racks and membrane heads that are noisy and don't feel very good.

Back