Any good Christmas goodies?

I know this is a childish thing to ask but I'm curious, is anybody on here excited for christmas cause of drum gear? I know I am :)

Re: Any good christmas goodies?

I don't ask for percussion gifts anymore because I enjoy the research and the deal hunting as much as playing it.

A few days ago, me and my dad went out to buy a new pair of Dream Bliss hats for Christmas. I handpicked the perfect pair and we bought them as an early Christmas present. But when we got home, my mom decided that I shooting shouldn't get the pay them until Christmas. Some Christmas morning surprise. So yes, I do have some drum goodies to look forward to on Christmas. :)

I'm hoping for an offset double bass pedal this year and a new hihat stand. My current one is somehow staying together.

Although I kind of ruined christmas for me by getting a Pearl Reference.

Yes, I am excited!

I am fortunate and thankful for what I am able to provide for my family, and for what I can own. I chose my own Christmas gifts. I have a new little practice set and a "new" cymbal, and a couple dvd's under the tree.

OK, the box for the set is too big to be under the tree. It is in the next room. I am equally excited about the keyboard I bought for my daughter!

Yes, I am excited!

I am fortunate and thankful for what I am able to provide for my family, and for what I can own. I chose my own Christmas gifts. I have a new little practice set and a "new" cymbal, and a couple dvd's under the tree.

OK, the box for the set is too big for the tree. It is next to the tree.

Should have just stacked the drums put lights on it and called it your christmas tree this year.

I wish, but I preemptively spent my big Christmas portion on my stave kit that I got this year- *well spent*, although it leaves me a bit dry for gifts...

I am excited to pool together some cash and such to purchase some Meinl 14" Byzance Dark Spectrum hats after Christmas, though!

i dont think i have drum stuff under the tree. my family is unschooled in the drumming world. when i want drum stuff, i go out and buy it, period

i hope you guys share with us what you get for christmas

Christmas came a little early for me this year. I treated myself to a new Drum Art Italian made stave cherry snare.

Attachments

• _DSC0560.jpg
    _DSC0560.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:

Not getting any gifts this year (that I know of) so the only gift is one I got for myself which is my Club Date SE. It was a little early since I've had it for a few weeks now but I think it still counts. :)

Yeah...my mommie dosen't buy all of my drum gear anymore.

I actually had to get a job,and pay for it myself......imagine that?

Steve B

Wow, you still call your mother "mommie"......imagine THAT.

Regardless of who buys it, it is still the thought that counts, right? Some of us don't have jobs either, due to circumstance. But I guess we aren't allowed to want things because we can't pay for them ourselves. Go back to your cave Grinch.

S hoops as in the old Slingerland style stick-saver hoops that curve at the top? If so, what does that do to sound and response compared to triple flanged hoops?

S hoops as in the old Slingerland style stick-saver hoops that curve at the top? If so, what does that do to sound and response compared to triple flanged hoops?
Essentially yes Jeremy, only I rate the S hoops as superior to the Slingerland hoops (& I'm generally a fan of most things Slingerland). Compared to triple flange, they'll add a degree of focus to the character, but without drying out the overtones to the same degree as a die cast hoop. You'll get more weight in the cross stick sound, & a more defined rimshot. Sweeter, but slightly shorter notes to the head periphery too. Moreover, I think they suit stave constructions (so long as the shell isn't too thick), & will lightly tame some of the errant high overtones you get from cherry, whilst still keeping it's crispness.

There's more subtle differences than the following description would suggest, but think of them as half way between 2.3mm triple flange & die cast, & you're about right.

Wow, you still call your mother "mommie"......imagine THAT.

Regardless of who buys it, it is still the thought that counts, right? Some of us don't have jobs either, due to circumstance. But I guess we aren't allowed to want things because we can't pay for them ourselves. Go back to your cave Grinch.

Wow...did YOU totally misunderstand my post.No I actually called her mom,but I don't call her anything now,since she passed 8 years ago.

I'm not the one who needs to go back to my cave,dude.....Merry Christmas.

Steve B

Wow...did YOU totally misunderstand my post.No I actually called her mom,but I don't call her anything now,since she passed 8 years ago.

I'm not the one who needs to go back to my cave,dude.....Merry Christmas.

Steve B

Sorry but I found your comment insulting to those people who can not afford to buy their own gear. You can buy your own gear, good for you. No one cares.

That was no where even close to my point.I really don't get how you even inferred that.

Hey,I'm sorry if you're going through a rough patch,but that NOT my fault. Don't take it out on me.You again,continue to completey misunderstand my post.And then bring my mother into this.

To say that I deliberately insulted those of us without a job,and can't afford gear is just completely off base.

If anyone should be insulted,it's me.If you want to continue this "discussion",PM me.I'm done here .

Steve B

Back