My New Cymbal

S

sufc.loyal

I Know its not the right place, but this seems to be where most people come.

This is my new cymbal, and i love

I Love it. and it sounds so really nice. i love it.

Attachments

• Zildjian K Custom.JPG
    Zildjian K Custom.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
K Customs are some of the finest cymbals out there, and you just snagged a beauty.

Get a Custom Dark or two and you'll have one helluva set up ;)

FYI - I just ordered this:

17" K Custom Hybrid China

zil1220.jpg

sound file:
http://www.cymbalsonly.com/cymbals/zildjian/s/k/17kchch1131k.mp3

I have this cymbal too. I love how quickly it opens up and how it has a great dark sound but the overtones are complex with bright and dark lingering tones. I like the way it has good sustain. I love hitting it early at the end of a chorus and letting it fill up the empty space before starting in on the next verse.

Be careful with it because in louder music situations it doesn't cut as well as brighter cymbals and it will make you want to hit it harder. Resist the urge. I mostly use mine with a KC Fast Crash and they go well together.

Hey man congrats on the new cymbal it looks great and i imagine sounds even better. If some one could enlighten me on the difference between the session line, than the k custom, or just the regular K's. Cheers,

Hey man congrats on the new cymbal it looks great and i imagine sounds even better. If some one could enlighten me on the difference between the session line, than the k custom, or just the regular K's. Cheers,

There are only a few cymbals in the KC Session series. High hats, two rides and two crashes. They are Steve Gadd's contribution to the Zildjian K Custom line.

The 18" ride is said to be modeled after Gadd's favorite 18" K ride and the 20" is another size option offered because the 18" is not that popular as a ride. They're both very crashable. The hats are dark and sound good crashed. If you watch some Gadd videos, you'll see he likes to crash his hats at the end of songs when playing live.

The 18" crash is the standout of the bunch. Beautiful crash. The 16" crash sounds good but I thought it was too weak when I played it. It would probably be great in the studio, hence the name, but it's thin just like the 18" and I got the impression it wouldn't cut it for the kind of music that I play. Doesn't project so well.

In all fairness, I've never played it on a kit; just in a store, so somebody that owns and plays this cymbal is better qualified to give you a more informed opinion.

I like K Customs. Many of them are not as dark as their K moniker would suggest. For instance the Fast Crashes are actually more like slightly darker A Customs. I have the 18" KC Fast crash and it is my preferred crash for small to medium sized clubs. I have a 14 K Custom Fast Crash that I bought to use as a beefy splash. Great cymbal. It's glassy and cutting and works as a unique sounding rock splash for me.

Thanks for all your kind replys.

I played the cymbal for the first time in reharsal, and i love it, i have a set of XS20's which IMO are very nice sounding cymbals espically the hats, but this Zildjian K blows them all away.

I am so glad DD that i chose the K Custom it is a lovely sounding cymbal, it has a very light sweet sound about it.

Back