Drumming leading to eviction

Glad to hear things have worked out (sort of...)
Wouldn't a cheap electronic kit or mesh head acoustic kit suffice as far as practising goes?

Really depends on the layout of the space he is living. If he's on a second floor and there are others below the bass drum will still be an issue even with mesh or electronic drums. The pedal still makes a thump that is transferred through the floor into the space below. You can build a tennis ball riser to help reduce that which I have heard from many members here that it works.

Really depends on the layout of the space he is living. If he's on a second floor and there are others below the bass drum will still be an issue even with mesh or electronic drums. The pedal still makes a thump that is transferred through the floor into the space below. You can build a tennis ball riser to help reduce that which I have heard from many members here that it works.

Yeah the tennis balls seem to be a popular option, combine that with some nice thick carpet off cuts and it should be okay

Having gracious neighbors is a true blessing.

When I lived in an apartment complex I had a downstairs neighbor knock on my door to ask me to stop playing my PRACTICE PAD, since the vibrations were traveling down the chair I was playing it on. So even with something like that, make sure you set it on a cushion of some sort.

Later, and at a different apartment, I would set up my kick pedal against a sofa, use a cushioned chair as a "snare", and a padded stool as "hi hats" so that I could run through grooves for worship songs.

Now I can play drums where I live and it's incredible.

Pretty sure we've all had to deal with working hard to not annoy neighbors, and it stinks!!

Sorry to hear that, rmac86
I had a similar situation with my new place and neighbors where I did not want them to know I even had a drumstick or a single drum in the house.
I asked members of this nice forum to help me out in picking out an e-Drum kit, as I had an idea of brand and model. I had a budget as this would be an additional kit to the others. I had almost pulled the trigger purchasing what I thought would be the answer to not drawing attraction to me.
In the process of contemplation, I stumbled upon the Zildjian L80 low-volume cymbals combined with Remo Silentstroke drumheads. Certain online stores have bundles you can purchase to save a little more cash and you can also pick up single or individual cymbals to compliment your kit. I went for the bigger ride and an addition 10" slpash. I will be adding the China model Zildjian has to match the studio kit. Oh. I had to get a different bass drum head as Remo only offers up to a 24". I picked up a similar head like Remo by
Pintech (Reaction Series mesh head).

... and all this, with the same funds !

I did not want to deal with a new type system that I had to have cables and an amp of some sort. I really like the fact that I can play my full size kit and not have to deal with the e-Drum setup, which has a smaller feel when playing. With this new setup I have it all with my acoustic kit and really nothing has changed except for the volume. Not an issue anymore, and my neighbors non the wiser that I even have a 26" kit, and this kit could destroy worlds, but now, I just keep the mice from sleeping now.

Matter of fact, if one does not want to go the e-Drum route, and now that I have hands-on proof,
I HIGHLY recommend this application. :-D

It's good to see you are no longer arrogant. lol

ROFL. Johnny I take "pride" in two things-being a good father and a good scientist-rest I'm mediocre or suck. And don't forget I've establish I'm an idiot. So I'm pretty proud of that too. But I'm good with that LOL ;)

I've seriously considered renting an indoor storage unit near my work for practicing. I'd need an indoor, climate controlled place because I'm in Michigan..!

Back