Hi Hat pedal on the inside

JENGLISH817

Just wondering if anyone plays with the hi hat pedal on the inside of the double bass pedal so that the slave is outside of the hats. If so, how does it feel? Im thinking of trying this out for a little while. Also anyone that has done this before and switched back I'd like to hear your thoughts as well.

For the short times that I had double pedals, I always had the hat pedal on the inside of the left slave. Of course, I'm over 6 foot tall and I think alot of how you setup will be in relation to your size and how comfortable you are with it. Doesn't cost anything to move stuff around and try it out.

i used to. i stopped a few weeks ago. it works well dont take a long time to get used to. only stopped because i didnt have a long enough slave link. it also means that you have you hats closer.

Attachments

• P1000312.JPG
    P1000312.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 269
Yeah your picture was kinda my inspiration. I couldn't remember what thread I had seen it in tho. But after one day of trying it out I just don't think it will work. I like where the hats were but the pedals just felt all too wrong for me. I wish Iron Cobra had a remote hat like DW

yr tama dropped the ball there. i think it works well just takes a bit of getting used. without moving my tom to a snare stand it would still be like that. i think i got the idea in a rhythm magazine in the kits out part thought id try it so i had it like that for about a year

Back