Good Mid-Range Hi-Hat Stand

troyejas

I just bought some Zildjian New Beats, and it's time to upgrade my hi-hat stand from the single braced Ludwig that came with my kit.

I'm looking in the $80 - $120 range. I don't have any music stores close by with a good selection to try out. I'm thinking about the DW 3500 or the Pearl H900. Can anyone comment on these or recommend a different stand?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Both stands are good considerations. I don't know too much about the DW3500, but the Pearl 900 is in a great family. I use a few pieces of their 900 series gear.

The DW3500 has a sturdy looking 2 legged model, with a steel base plate under the pedal.

Food for thought, I picked up a new 2 legged DW5000 HH on Craigslist for around $110. Someone purchased it on a fling, and I needed a 2nd HH for practice. These are SOLID!
If you have the patience, consider a clean, used DW5000.

New Beats are awesome Hats! I have my DW5000 holding mine nice and steady!
Enjoy the NB's!

For your price range, the Pearl 900 really can't be beat. It's heavy enough to stay put, has a tension control collar with a good range of adjustment and is easily collapsible for travel. Price is about $110 USD.

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0083-2.jpg

Dennis

I just bought some Zildjian New Beats, and it's time to upgrade my hi-hat stand from the single braced Ludwig that came with my kit.

I'm looking in the $80 - $120 range. I don't have any music stores close by with a good selection to try out. I'm thinking about the DW 3500 or the Pearl H900. Can anyone comment on these or recommend a different stand?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

I had the Pearl H900 for a while and it was definitely a solid stand without the weight of something like a DW5500. I think the Tama RoadPro hat stand is also a good buy as well.

Viva La New Beats!

Back