Vic Firth Legacy brushes!

daredrummer

Gold Member
Who else uses these brushes?

I just got mine today and they are fabulous! First off, they are the only brush I've seen that has a wood handle and is retractable (regal tip ed thigpen signature has it, but only a small section is wooden). Totally natural feel and retractable. You can also do cross-stick which is pretty cool if needed something for a quiet latin gig or something like that.

They seem a bit heavier than average brushes, and the weight feels great. The wires are also a bit thicker than normal, for some extra volume.

They sounded superb on my K Ride, and a louder than normal swish sound on the snare (how I like it, I find it to be to quiet most of the time.)
Sounded great on the rim of the snare too. You could get a real nice accent when hitting the rim about halfway up the brush.

Can't say enough good things about these brushes, check em' out!

YES!! I got mine the other day and love them. Finally a great retractable brush. It appears to be the wood shaft of a 5B. I like them too. Probably the only brush I will use.

YES!! I got mine the other day and love them. Finally a great retractable brush. It appears to be the wood shaft of a 5B. I like them too. Probably the only brush I will use.

Yes I am sticking with them as well!

Back