PDP x7 kit

BUDDHA 2533

I've been looking at this kit for a while as a possibility for my next kit. Anyone out there own this kit or have played one before any information on quality of the kit, any problems with it etc. would be very helpfull.

For the price, the X7's are great.

I don't know the actual shell make up (I think they are ash, but not positive), but they sounded nice and respectable with the stock heads.
With the heads and tuning of your choice I think they could sound better... such as a set of coated Ambassadors (or Evans, or whatever single ply) to bring out a little crispness in the attack, and the shell can handle the mid's and lows for the warmth and body.

Through a PA I'm sure they'd sound good--I've heard Pearl Exports sound great, so I'm sure these could sound great too.

The hardware is obviously not the top DW stuff, but it's not going to fall apart either.
The finishes look nice and are well done too.

My impression on these drums was good, and I'd say they are one of the nicer "semi-pro" kits, and a top "entry level" kit.
The price is stupid cheap, so that makes them even more attractive.

If I was in the market for a kit in these sizes and price range, they'd be one I'd consider.
I think you can get 22 and 24" bass drums in this line, but I'm not sure.

The 18x22 kick that was on the kit I played sound punchy and full--even with the stupid (IMO) DW pillow stuffed in it.

The snare was...ehhh, but that's standard fare it seems in the lower priced kits, but really nice snares can be had used on ebay and Craigs lists, so it's no big deal to get something great sounding for a decent price.

The snare didn't totally suck, but it was no Ludwig Supra either.

I despise the x7's. hahah but seriously, is it just because you want more pieces to your drums? because the quality isn't that good. You can get a better five piece kit for the same price, and you'll be glad you did.

BUT, if it's a lot of drums you're going for, get it.

Oh, and at the top navigation bar, there's a search engine that looks like this: "Search v"
There are a handful of threads on x7's.

The X7s are made of mahogany.

I stand corrected. Poplar they are.

Back