Baseball thread

Red Sox will re-load for next year, great ownership, great farm club. They also pushed the Ray's to the limit despite all their injuries. Nothing to be ashamed of sox fans, besides we have a real Baseball Park. What a dump The Trop is.

Good luck to the Ray's, they beat us fair and square and I think they are going to put the Phillies away in 5.

See you next year!

I just find it interesting that the first year they take off the word "Devil" from their name, and just call them the Tampa Bay Rays...

they go all the way to the World Series.

Hmm...

a point to ponder, I'd say.

Congrats, Rays! Hope you beat those pesky Phillies.

Good Luck! ;-)

Red Sox will re-load for next year, great ownership, great farm club. They also pushed the Ray's to the limit despite all their injuries. Nothing to be ashamed of sox fans, besides we have a real Baseball Park. What a dump The Trop is.

Good luck to the Ray's, they beat us fair and square and I think they are going to put the Phillies away in 5.

See you next year!

When were you last in the Trop??

This past March, went to a game with my son who is living in Tampa. No complaints with the ticket price and air conditioning is nice but that's all I can say about the place.

Yeah! My most die hard hated team is OUT!!!

Go Rays!!!

I don't think I've ever rooted this hard for a non Chicago team, but oh well. Lets go Rays. Tampa better be getting those BROOMS ready for the SWEAP.

I would rather go without a team than have to deal with them.

Hence the fairweather fan comment. We all know Rays fans would rather do just about anything than root for their team. Unless they are winning of course!

no one givin' the phils any props? wow.

that's alrite, they haven't got the respect they've deserved all year and it hasn't hurt them one bit yet.

Hence the fairweather fan comment. We all know Rays fans would rather do just about anything than root for their team. Unless they are winning of course!

hahaha... maybe next season you'll be happier. In the mean time I will be drinking some ice coldies on the beach until the World Series starts. Damn, I gotta take time out of my bleak existence to watch it. Those darn Rays really messed up my lifestyle. Hey, do you wanna come hang out with your so-called fairweather friends? Cuz I gotta tell ya.. its 85 degrees out and the water is great.

hahaha... maybe next season you'll be happier. In the mean time I will be drinking some ice coldies on the beach until the World Series starts. Damn, I gotta take time out of my bleak existence to watch it. Those darn Rays really messed up my lifestyle. Hey, do you wanna come hang out with your so-called fairweather friends? Cuz I gotta tell ya.. its 85 degrees out and the water is great.

Yeah me too. I hate fishing all year round, looking at bikinis all year round, not shoveling snow, or washing the salt and cinders off of my car. Damn I have to go to a game. The bottom line is, we do have a team, a team that beat all of the other teams. This year is this year, last year was last year, and next year is next year. Our team will be in the WORLD SERIES THIS YEAR while you poor sports are crying in your beans and waiting for another tea party. Get over it. We won. You lost. Such big babies. Sounds like 7th grade all over again. Put on your snowmobile suits and go get some fresh air.

I hate fishing all year round, looking at bikinis all year round, not shoveling snow, or washing the salt and cinders off of my car. Damn I have to go to a game.

Sounds like 7th grade all over again. Put on your snowmobile suits and go get some fresh air.

LMAO!!!..I cant wait to be an "Ole Man"....When things like this actually affect my thoughts . BTW - What happened to your avatar? I suddenly feel like I am missing something.

When you do turn "Ole" come on down to Gods Waiting Room and I'll show you around.
But I'm still young, and smart enough to know when I get beat by a better team to say congrats and move on. After all the fish and the bikinis are out there waiting.
The Cheerleader avatars will resume at the end of the World Series.

When you do turn "Ole" come on down to Gods Waiting Room and I'll show you around.
But I'm still young, and smart enough to know when I get beat by a better team to say congrats and move on. After all the fish and the bikinis are out there waiting.
Well, I hope you remember I said this:

Vipercussionist said:
on 10-20-2008, at 01:01 AM
Re: Baseball thread

Congratulations Rays fans!!

Garza was AMAZING and deserved the win!!
I'm a die hard Red Sox fan, but I know good baseball when I see it. They were also very lucky to be 100% healthy in the post season to be able to USE all of that talent to their advantage. But that's the way it goes, the baseball gods smiled at the Rays this year.

Yeah! My most die hard hated team is OUT!!!

Go Rays!!!

I don't think I've ever rooted this hard for a non Chicago team, but oh well. Lets go Rays. Tampa better be getting those BROOMS ready for the SWEAP.

We shall see about that. GO PHILLIES!!!!

The year that Tampa won the Superbowl they elimanted the Eagles to get there.
The year that Tampa won the Stanley Cup they eliminated the Flyers to get there.
Are we beginning to see a pattern?

The year that Tampa won the Superbowl they elimanted the Eagles to get there.
The year that Tampa won the Stanley Cup they eliminated the Flyers to get there.
Are we beginning to see a pattern?

This year the sequence will change!

I may move south someday because to be honest these winters really suck, but I will always be a Boston fan through and through. And for the record I don't have a problem congratulating a team that wins but when the fairweather fans come and start talking about the losing teams fans well, thats just chicken shit in my eyes. How about being a humble winner ?

Anyway congrats to the rays, their pitching held up even after one of the biggest chokes in MLB history. That game was one of the best I have ever seen, but to be honest if I did not just get out of an Australian Pink Floyd concert (which was amazing by the way) I probably would have turned the game off after the 6th inning.

Would love to see Philly win as I think they deserve it more but I think the Rays are just to strong, TB in 5

Cool!, Thanks for the invite, I may be there sooner than you know. You, my friend-are living the life and I do envy it a bit.
Anyway, you should see it around here. As you may know, sports fans in this area are a little bit nuts. I cant go across the street without seeing some kind of Go Phillies banner or lawnsign or car decoration or whatever else you can think of. I guess its cool...til they lose and turn everyone into a pissy negatist that wont stop complaining about it. And yes it is a pattern. Just wait, you ll see.lol

But I guess-GO PHILLIES! (and I m awaiting more good avatars...)

Back