Spun brass

oriollo

Finally, after many months of development/testing/ ... we managed to produce our first spun brass shell.
I mean batches are produced of various depths.
And what I'm very excited about - we can do it in up to 8" (maybe even more, but 8" is for sure)!

Here it is: http://oriollo.com/snare-drum/encore-spun-brass

IMG_4559.jpg

I was thinking about emailing you to see if you were still working on these. Awesome! How close are we to getting some drumset toms in spun brass?

Very nice, and priced fairly competitively! I guess deep snares are back? Ludwig happens to be introducing their 8" Black Beauty at NAMM :)

Bermuda

Glad you like it, guys!
And also the lugs. They're mechanically superb. Light but super strong and will look the same forever (no plating - solid stainless steel with brass inserts).

Spun brass toms are still not possible. But will be launching spun aluminum drumkits in a couple of days. Stay tuned ;)

I'm curious about how they would sound compared to COB in the same depths? Any clue?

Hey oriollo, it's a great looking drum, but the lugs seem (in appearance) to be a step down from the gorgeous lugs on your other snares.

May I ask why the different lugs for this drum?

These new lugs are supposed to be on all drums.
Will also have the old lugs available and/or will introduce tube lugs for those guys that don't like the new lugs.
I'm sure meanwhile people will get used to them (and we'll probably slightly revise them too)

They are lovely looking, and sounding drums, but I am not a fan of the new lugs.

The lugs look cheap, and are a big step back from the others. I understand the physics of low footprint and light weight, and these probably work well from that angle. I agree that they look like curtain or home furnishing hardware. would never by a drum that looked like that.

The slitted lugs (for example, the ones on the new Phantom kit) are much nicer IMO. By the way, congrats on that... bass drum is killer. Really excited to hear this brass as well. Y'all keep impressing me with the shells.

I find the high tunings lacking in pretty much every Rosemary Drum Co. video :\ although the Phantom kit was good IIRC. I think that's totally up to the processing and individual tuning of Josh though, as my Phantom sounds excellent in all ranges.

Lol. Guilty as charged. I just don't spend a lot of time in the higher ranges...so a lot of times in my videos, I am using a 2ply head which I don't think is very friendly to very high tunings. On this recent demo of the encore we started with g2 and it sounded great low but really choked the drum up top so we switched to the ambassador and that opened it up quite a bit up too. Used an ambassador on the boutique aluminum shootout too with the phantom. I will use one for comparing the four metals too. Live and learn I guess.

Great sounding drum, sweet looking shell, with some of the ugliest looking drawer handles for lugs. Holy cow, and this is just my opinion, but, those things really dress, what otherwise would be a little work of art, down quite a bit. Even if they were functionally superior, I would have to pass or consider other lug options. It sounds like you have other lug options figured out, so no worries I suppose. I think I am just picky when it comes to lugs. I like distinct looking lugs. I am not a fan of tube lugs, or lugs that look like melted ice cubes, but this drum deserves fantastic looking lugs to match its great tone and tuning range. Congrats on the shell! It sounds cool and looks like a great center piece. You guys really put a lot of effort into making some stunning drums. Keep up the good work.

Back