Is Dennis Chambers ill?

wow Lionel Cordew !!

great NY drummer and friend that I have not seen in years ... looks like he is doing well

he used to play around town with a band called Choosey Mothers back in the day.... straight beast

if anyone has not heard of Lionel look him up

"Praying for the legend Dennis Chambers..." #getwell - Thomas Pridgen on Twitter/Facebook

I guess we can take it with some authority that he is ill? Hope you get better Dennis.

Last edited:
We opened for them a couple of months ago and I didn't recognize him. He suffered a fall a little while back and his doctor told him to lose weight. At least that's the "official" word.

I spoke to him a month ago. He was on the mend. He sounded normal. He did have a major fall, hit his head, internal injuries, in the hospital for a while. Hes on the road with Stern and mending. Lost lots of weight, which is not a bad thing, really, because his back was messed up.

Thanks for the update, I didn't know Dennis had a serious fall and was in the hospital. I see he's on the road with Mike Stern and Bill Evans so he must feel well enough to perform.

I hope he continues to feel better and recover from his injury.

Thanks for the update, I didn't know Dennis had a serious fall and was in the hospital. I see he's on the road with Mike Stern and Bill Evans so he must feel well enough to perform.

I hope he continues to feel better and recover from his injury.

My buddy Brian is his tech... he just did some shows with them. But Brian techs for Steve Smith and Dave Weckl as well. The cat gets around!

Sad to hear Pat. Wishing him well in his recovery, & the fact that he's playing is obviously a good sign.

I spoke to him a month ago. He was on the mend. He sounded normal. He did have a major fall, hit his head, internal injuries, in the hospital for a while. Hes on the road with Stern and mending. Lost lots of weight, which is not a bad thing, really, because his back was messed up.

Yesterday he was hospitalized in Spain, the show tonight in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, will be played by Derico Watson.
I can't find more info about this yet, anyone else?

Rumors: On Thomas Pridgen FB-Side someone (Mark Borrego) talked to Mike Stern. He told something about the stomach.

Todd Sucherman put this up on his FB page this morning

"Everybody send good vibes and healing energy to Dennis Chambers. He's one of the greatest of all time and a wonderful guy. Details are sketchy but he appears to be in a European hospital…send him some love!"

It's understandably a personal matter but we are hearing something is wrong but left guessing what it is. Depending on whom you believe, Dennis is currently hospitalized in Spain, Italy or Switzerland. Obviously, we're long on speculation and short on facts.

Whatever is ailing Dennis, I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

damn.... had no idea it was this serious

William "Bootsy" Collins wrote something on his fb-account.

" "Dennis Chambers" is in intensive care and they're working on getting him off the respirator. They are filtering his liver as it's not functioning well. Renee is there and we are all praying for him. "

I'm even not sure, if this are good or bad news. Damn, my all time favorite drummer. Just saw him healthy and relaxed in a small town in Germany in a very small bar playing with HBC. I hope he get well soon.

Back