Double Bass Pedal Problems

Not at all - the spurs in my Big Dog pedls hold the pedal in place just fine.

What pedals in particular?

Not at all - the spurs in my Big Dog pedls hold the pedal in place just fine.

What pedals in particular?

Thanks Netz...

No pedal in particular, I'm just looking for more problems to solve.. I do have a question about your Big Dog's...

Where are you located??

Most pedals have screws that you can tighten into the surface on the ground. This is when a drum rug comes in handy.

I'm in Somerset UK.

I like the Big Dogs - the footplate has held up a little better than one of my Tama HP300s (one has a loose plate which can rattle - fixable but frustrating that it's happened with my Tamas).

I'm in Somerset UK.

I like the Big Dogs - the footplate has held up a little better than one of my Tama HP300s (one has a loose plate which can rattle - fixable but frustrating that it's happened with my Tamas).

Would you be interested in getting some free gear for doing some testing??
If so please send me an e-mail at [email protected] My interest is in your Big Dogs.... Thanks

Dr. Pedal

not with my Sleishman pedals, I don't ...

Attachments

• sleishman1.1.jpg
    sleishman1.1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,400
Dr. Pedal - I've sent you a mail.

harryconway, what the heck are those!!!! I never seen anything like that....whered you get them?

on a similar topic, but a slight twist...I may have asked this already, but I play heel toe for doubles, and heel toe bass rolls albeit poorly. Anyway, I have a size 15 shoe and play on an Iron Cobra doublepedal. Should I be playing longboards? Would it even matter?

Also, Dr. Pedal, I would be interest in any R and D testing....

harryconway, what the heck are those!!!! I never seen anything like that....whered you get them?
The Sleishman has been around since 1971, but, being from Australia ... who knew? I became interested in center pedals (there are only 3 makers, that I know of) a few years ago ... OK ... maybe 10 ... when I first got my feet on the Sonor ... and the Off-Set pedals, at a NAMM show. I wound up with an Off-Set .... and played those for quite a few years, until I finally got my feet on the Sleishman (also, at a NAMM show) ... and so ... sold the Off-Sets and bought the Sleishman. I play a Yamaha FDDD when I'm playing a single pedal ... and the Sleishmans when I need/want a double.​

on a similar topic, but a slight twist...I may have asked this already, but I play heel toe for doubles, and heel toe bass rolls albeit poorly. Anyway, I have a size 15 shoe and play on an Iron Cobra doublepedal. Should I be playing longboards? Would it even matter?
Not necessarily. It doesn't matter even if you're playing 'real heel-toe', with the heel touching the pedal plate. As soon as you're learning to keep your heel (slightly or higher) off the pedal plate altogether when playing heel-toe - and this works if you're practicing it a bit, aspects like foot size/short vs. longboard are completely irrelevant. After months of intense double bass practice (I guess about 60% heel-toe, 40% heel up) I just recently started getting my heel higher gradually when playing doubles, that would be the Tim Waterson "pump" technique (I don't know who first 'invented' this but Tim Waterson is terrific at that). So Longboards are absolutely no must for people with larger feet but they give a different feel because of the different leverage. Foot size isn't crucial but some/many claim longboards to be more powerful compared to shortboards (with any foot technique).

(The reason why I'm trying to get more heel height with heel-toe is more ergonomic playing, and more potential speed. Or playing at the same speed but with less motion range and energy.)

no sliding issue with my Trick Pro V1s....they lock in hard with some velcro on the back of em.

F

My pearl demon drives didnt come with spikes so ive had to put a gibralter bass practise pad infront of it to keep it place. great pedals though

I have Tama Iron Cobra pedals and the only thing I really like about them is that they don`t slide!!! I "upgraded" to these pedals after learning to use doubles on a cheap Pearl P100 set. What a disappointment. They squeak no matter how often I grease them, the locking screws are stripped so I always worry they will move while I`m playing and they really don`t perform as well as a set of pedals at half the price.
I paid 700 swiss francs for them but should have paid another 50 to get the eliminator. Lesson learned:(

Back