Are my Standards too high...? Hmm...

darkstar442

i Started playing guitar to help me understand music even better and to write songs. i finally found a guitarist but unfortunatly... im better than him and iv only been playing for a few months. he couldnt play anything i wrote. im starting to get pissed off because im almost the best guitarist in my skool. every person i talk to or show my little licks to says they wouldnt be able to play it. am i being just to picky(i know i sound queer). i have posted many times about finding people.. i no to check gc ect ect but should i just play guitar and have my friend be drummer...

Sounds to me like you just haven't come across the right person yet. I would find it odd if there was no one in your school that was better than you at guitar. But in the end, you will just have to either compromise, and have a crappy guitarist, or compromise and let your friend play the drums. All depends how badly you want it.

Is your friend good at the drums?

yes we started wen we were 8... we both have a fast metal background and we are very fast but very creative and dont like blast beats.. music comes natruallty to me.. i dont really have to try to hard to do something but i always try to perfect it so guitar just came just as fast as drums and i no it doesnt sound true but r skoo, is musicly deprived(talent wise)

well then I would just play guitar, and let your friend play drums. May not be what you wanted exactly, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Just so you know, a lot of the people on here who are really great resources to talk to won't respond to posts that are written like this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just being honest with you. Spell the words out, use capital letters to start your sentences, don't say stuff like "i know i sound queet" because there are members here who take offense to that kind of stuff, etc, and you will get a lot more responses on here that might help you out.

Now, to address the topic at hand...I would suggest looking beyond your school. Try posting an ad on Craig's List, in the musicians section. Put up flyers at local music shops. Be specific in what you are looking for, and you should get some decent responses.

Finding the right musicians to associate with can be a frustrating and time consuming process. I always found auditioning to be tedious and too often a waste of time but it was a process I had to go through. However when you finally meet the right people it's well worth it.

And I agree with what mrchattr said about posting. I don't care much for posts that use grammar best left for text messaging. The more articulate and grammatically correct I find a post the more seriously I'll take it. Just something to keep in mind. Good luck with your search!

Back