Help with posture

Brandonzackey

Hello so recently I've been having some pain in my right leg while playing, mainly in my IT band, quad, knee and shin. So I immediately assumed that it's my posture, so I checked out my posture in a mirror while playing and from the side it looks like I'm sitting fairly straight but when I looked from the front I noticed it looked like I'm leaning to the right from my hips. So like my belly button isn't in line with my body like it would be when I'm just standing normally. Has anyone had any problems with something like this, anybody have any advice how to fix it? Oh and I usually play heel up, and just recently switched from burying the beater. I don't feel like I'm sitting too low or too close to the pedals. Thanks!

If you are having some kind of pain, go and see Mr. Doctor!

COuple lessons of Alexander Technique worked wonders on my posture, I highly reccomend them

Agreed. The two AT lessons I've taken have changed my life, no joke. When I read "posture" in the thread title, I immediately thought "Alexander Technique." Brandon, you should definitely consider finding a local AT teacher to work with you on this -- they can observe your positions and movements and give you much better feedback than we can online, sight unseen. For more info: http://www.alexandertechnique.com/musicians.htm

Back