Can anyone identify these old drums?

Chollyred

Trying to find out if they have any value (other than sentimental). They were given to a friend by an old bluesman. They may end up at my house. I love old drums (maybe it's because I'm old!).

Last edited:
Somebody on another forum said the bass looks like an old slingerland. The mounted tom might be an old tenor snare. Can't tell anything about the snare until I get some new pics.

Probably not worth much of anything, but they are kind of funky cool. At least they'd be something for the grandkids to play around with.

Kick drum looks like a 12 lugger (possibly a 26")? In a thin ply shell. That's gotta sound sweet!

THe kick and floor tom look like Premier... the rack tom not sure.. .the hardware on the kick looks sort of Premier-ish

OMG - both the drums and the drummer look like they dropped out of a time machine.

OMG - both the drums and the drummer look like they dropped out of a time machine.

The bad part is that I'm probably older than he is...

I'm going to meet the current owner for lunch today. Hopefully, I'll get some good news.

That kit is awesome. I would love to get ahold of something like that somehow. :D

Back