SJC Hammered metal Snare.

fess

It's made by SJC and sold by Sam Ash. It is apparently 1 mm thick bronze with the center section of the 6.5" deep shell hammered. The drum looks great and sounds great in the store. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks

Attachments

• SJC snare.jpg
    SJC snare.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,218
I have one. It's a great looking and great sounding drum. Can't go wrong with that one.

OK. After reading this thread I had a little free time so I got in a couple of hours on the drums. I'd been playing a Super Senistive Black Beauty 14 X 6.5 for the past few months.

I played that for about an hour and put the SJC on the stand after checking the tuning. It was very close to where I wanted it.

Thre SJC has a darker tone that the BB, but has a rich tone with rim shots that sing out.

The drum came with Evans heads, die cast hoops, and a Trick throw off. Very well set up!

I think this is going to be one of those drums that everyone wished they bought in a few years. I don't know how long they will be offered, and Sam Ash seems to be the only store that carries them. They retail for $450.00 in my area. I got mine for a hundred less on a promo.

I own a modest collextion of nice snares and this one will hold it's own with any of them.

HTH

I was just browsing and noticed how similar this shell is to the one in this link to Highwood's facebook page, Could SJC get the shell from Highwood as i believed Highwood only made Individual items to order?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/HighW...14670..1#/photo.php?pid=581758&id=18848213636

Looks the same to me. The badge is not mounted flush with the shell, but mounted away from the shell using stand offs. Both the Highwood and SJC use the same badge and mounting method.

Cool, that's good to know.

Thanks!

Back