Practice space Feng Shui

poika

Silver Member
I've been thinking about this.
I had a chance to put the practice space into shape recently when the band we shared the room with moved out.

I cleaned up the whole floor and hoovered and whatnot, got some carpets and lamps and stuff and just basically made it nicely arranged.
Then took the snare around the room and played it and picked a spot that felt best and set up the kit there.

Once I got everything proper and started playing it just gave me great pleasure to sit there and play when the room was made to feel more comfortable.
I feel a lot more relaxed going in there now. I find it a lot easier to concentrate on training, even focusing on things that have previously felt long-winding.
I believe that how you feel plays a huge part in playing, and setting the mood right is important, whatever that mood may be that you're going for.

I know I'm very sensitive to it. One thing I love is turning all the lights off except my led spotlight which flips through different colours. The colours really inspire you somehow, and when you're jamming with a friend it seems to enhance creativity.

One weekend I want to pack a kit into the car and find a field or a park somewhere that I can setup and play.

It would be great to be able keep a set of drums at home, your place looks nice.
Deathmetalconga's room seemed pretty cool as well.

Getting the lighting right is something that makes a big impact, I find that bright fluorescent lights and office lights in general make me feel stressed.

Back