3. Hotel California-Eagles
4. Those Shoes-Eagles
5. Moby Dick-Ledzepplin
6. Life In The Fast Lane-Eagles
7. Midnight Flyer-Eagles
8. Heart Ache Tonight-Eagles
9. Victim Of Love-Eagles
10. I Can't Tell You Why-Eagles

As You can see, I LOVE the Eagles! Go Don Henly!!

Bit of a odd one but I love playing along to 'Chop Suey' by System of a Down. I love the tribal tom pattern at the beginning to the simple but powerful main beat followed by the half time ride on chorus! great fun.

1. MIDI drumless track of Hells Kitchen (Dream Theater)
2. MIDI drumless track of Smoke On The Water

SOAD's Toxicity is also fun.

(War Pigs, Lady Evil) ~ Black Sabbath
(We're Gonna Groove, Immigrant Song, Black Dog) ~ Led Zeppelin
(Speed King, Space Truckin') ~ Deep Purple
(Night Prowler, Let There Be Rock) ~ AC/DC
(Bad Boy, Don't Let Me Down) ~ The Beatles
(Starbreaker, Saints In Hell) ~ Judas Priest
(Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler) ~ The Rolling Stones
(My Generation, Anyway-Anyhow-Anywhere) ~ The Who

...and still practising them...

Bit of a odd one but I love playing along to 'Chop Suey' by System of a Down. I love the tribal tom pattern at the beginning to the simple but powerful main beat followed by the half time ride on chorus! great fun.

I agree. All of John's stuff is extremely fun and at times challenging to play. The Toxicity album is both the band's best, and John's most creative stuff. What a great drum track.

Some time ago i played in a band that covered Stevie Ray Vaughan's Couldn't Stand the Weather and I loved playing that tempo and groove. It felt very natural and comfortable and sounded good.

I also like playing BB King's The Thrill is Gone, which my current band plays.

Re: What is your fav. song to play drums to?

Marilyn Manson -
Tourniquet
Coma White
Coma Black
Great Big White World

Behemoth -
Conquer All
The Nephilim Rising

Dimmu Borgir -
The Serpentine Offering
Puritania

Thorns of Ivy -
Beneath seemingly dead Soil
Deathwish

Lamb of God -
Hourglass
Laid to Rest

Tool -
Lateralus

Slipknot -
The Blister Exists

my favorite song of all time to play is schism by tool...
such a mean song to play to

shut up-simple plan
welcome to my life-simple plan
perfect-simple plan
sorry-buckcherry
crazy b*tch-buckcherry
It snows in hell-lordi
you're all i need-motley crue
ten seconds to love-motley crue
metal health-quiet riot
angel-aerosmith

Wow what a mix Lol. You can see me play most of these on my youtube page in my signature in good quality. Please check me out. Thanks.

I'm Trying to Break Your Heart, Shake It Off - Glenn Kotche
Fool In The Rain, When The Levee Breaks, The Ocean - John Bonham
Licorice, Sprung Monkey - Stanton Moore
Unsettled, Halo, Anesthetize - Gavin Harrison
The Oakland Stroke, Squib Cakes - David Garibaldi

I'm Trying to Break Your Heart, Shake It Off - Glenn Kotche
I'm going to add Walken and I'm the Man Who Loves You to that. Use Me-Bill Withers, The General-Dispatch, High and Dry/Anything off The Bends-Radiohead, Pull the Wool-G. Love and Special Sauce, Five on the Five-Raconteurs, Here I Come-The Roots, Never Had It-Flobots, Chill-Joshua Redman

Big mix of stuff, just to name a couple.

I don't really have a fav song to play to. I do play Dragula (John Tempesta) by Rob Zombie as part of my warm-up. Simple, good tempo, and gets my blood flowing.

I haven't played along to a tune for very long time, although I did it a lot when I first started drumming. If I had to pick a favorite, though, it would be "Waiting on the World to Cange" by John Mayer. Steve Jordan owns that song!

SOAD's Toxicity is also fun.

I agree. All of John's stuff is extremely fun and at times challenging to play. The Toxicity album is both the band's best, and John's most creative stuff. What a great drum track.

Too true. He is a very creative drummer and I love his style. He one of these guys who can underplay and play for the song but when he needs too he can break loose!

Also anything by Dave Grohl; Nirvana, Tenacious D, Queens of the Stone Age, Probot, etc

(Shh, and don't tell anyone this but Paramore are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, but shh)

I usually warm up with either How I could Just Kill A Man by Rage Against The Machine or Plateau by Nirvana, both very easy songs to play but I enjoy starting practice with a little cover.

My all time fav for the moment though is My Name Is Mud by Primus, I have to play that song a few times a day or I start having withdrawals =)

Alive, Better man, yellowledbetter - Pearl Jam. Alive is just so exhilarating during the guitar solo. Better man as well. and yellowledbetter is just an awesome song.

Otherside, Soul to Squeeze, and basically everything else by RHCP.

Seize the day - Avenged Sevenfold.

Ants Marching, American Baby, Crush, Tripping Billies, Drive in Drive out, Grey Street - DMB.

and most rap/hip-hop/R&B I find REALLY fun to jam to.

Too true. He is a very creative drummer and I love his style. He one of these guys who can underplay and play for the song but when he needs too he can break loose!

Also anything by Dave Grohl; Nirvana, Tenacious D, Queens of the Stone Age, Probot, etc

(Shh, and don't tell anyone this but Paramore are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, but shh)

I love Dave Grohl, especially his work with Queens of the Stone Age

Crush, crush, crush has been one of my favorites for a while, hahaha.

Back