Does this look like a good deal...

They have 2 sets, so make an offer of 600.00 and see. Also only a 97.6 percent rating.

The price is excellent. If they take that offer (or even stick around for a counter) you should buy a lottery ticket. It's already around 1/2 of usual.

That colour is a tough sell, probably why its discounted... but if you can live with it, seems like a good deal.

With a quick search, it looks like most places have them listed at $1599.
You can usually get 15 to 20% off if you wait for a sale at those places.

So if you really like the kit and think it would work for you, I don't think you're going to get a better price on a new one.

Personally - it's not a set I would be looking to buy. But then again - I'm not you.

For that price, its a steal. I really like the 14" rack tom choice. Its 10" deep, so its not all "power tom" like the 80's, so it should have a broader tuning range. I also like the 14" depth on the 16" floor tom. I always have trouble getting a good sound out of "box" drums; ie. depth = width. When compaired to the "uptown" configuration, I think this high boy configuration will offer a more unique sound that can work in a higher tuning range. Its also half the price of the uptown configuration, so yeah I say go for it.

Dont let the Ddrum nay-sayers sway your opinion. Ddrum has really put forth a lot of effort to improve their lines and their quality. My Reflex kit I just got is really nice. It needs new heads right out of the box, but just about every kit south of $4000 needs new heads, so that shouldnt deter you.

That color is something...I like it. At 699, I think you'd be doing pretty well.

If you like it and can play it, while enjoying it, then why not?

Back