Nice...or not so much

Deftones is one of my favorite bands, and that's sweet that you hung out with Abe and Stepehen. When you say "played" was that a one time thing, or did you jam with them several times?

I was in bands and they were in bands so we crossed paths quite a bit, there are only so many places to play in Sac. I never actually played with them as individuals, but we were on the same bill a few times before Chino came in and they headed south to find fame and fortune.

There is a guy that I played with a few times, I wont give his name, but he we all knew he was "going the distance" even back in those days. He was always very pretentious and had a rock star attitude. Her ended up moving to LA where he could have his Cake and eat it too. He eventually wrote a few hits and by all accounts became even more of a jerk. There is a reason some guys cant keep band members around.
Hehehe. I see what you did there.

Rod Morgenstein is the real deal. I heard him at the Winter Garden in San Antonio when he was with the Dixie Dregs and a few years later at the Agora in Dallas as well as at a Dallas drum clinic. This is pre-internet days and I snail mailed him asking how I could improve my practice time with a hectic schedule. He wrote me a personal letter with some great suggestions. He also followed up with two additional letters and enclosed a number of hand written drum exercises. Not only an incredible drummer, Rod is a great role model.

Back