My kit - Tama Superstar Hyperdrive

KnockOut86

Hi Guys,

Been a member for awhile now, never got around to starting a thread for my kit.

Specs:

Tama Superstar Hyperdrive in Brushed Blue Metallic wrap

Bass Drum: 22 x 18 inch
Mounted Toms: 10 x 6-1/2 inch and 12 x 7 inch
Floor Toms: 14 x 12 inch and 16 x 14 inch
Snare Drum: 5-1/2 x 14 inch

Cymbals:

13" Sabian Pro Fusion Hats
16" Sabian Xs20 medium-thin crash
18" Sabian Xs20 medium-thin crash
21" Sabian Raw-Bell Dry Ride (just got last week)
11" Sabian AAXplosion splash (on the way)

Other:

DW double tom mount
Fender standard strat
Musicman bass
Marshall Valvestate combo amp
Macbook Pro : )

I know its nothing crazy, but I love it, and its something like a right of passage to post my set on Drummerworld. Yes, I still have the stock heads on them, but I have them tuned very very nicely so far, and would rather spend money on other things right now...like new cymbals : )

Please feel free to comment!

Attachments

• 100_0659.jpg
    100_0659.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 100_0699.jpg
    100_0699.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,194
  • 100_0698.jpg
    100_0698.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,445
  • 100_0696.jpg
    100_0696.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 100_0694.jpg
    100_0694.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 100_0693.jpg
    100_0693.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,214
  • 100_0656.jpg
    100_0656.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,212
  • 100_0658.jpg
    100_0658.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,214
We have the exact some drum kit, finish and all. That is awesome haha.

I've always wondered if a DW double tom stand would fit the tom mounts, I assume from the photo that it fits well?

You've bought a great drumkit, treat her well. I love mine to absolute death.

Also, Coated Ambassadors / Coated G1's are THE batter head for the toms - just magical.

Enjoy!

We have the exact some drum kit, finish and all. That is awesome haha.

I've always wondered if a DW double tom stand would fit the tom mounts, I assume from the photo that it fits well?

You've bought a great drumkit, treat her well. I love mine to absolute death.

Also, Coated Ambassadors / Coated G1's are THE batter head for the toms - just magical.

Enjoy!

Nimby Im glad you found this thread. When I originally was planning to purchase the kit, I googled the name of the kit and a link to your thread about your kit came up. I can thank you for helping me decide to purchase the kit AND joining Drummerworld.com Thanks!!

The DW double tom stand just barely fits the tama ball joints. It took some muscle to get them in there, but now its a very solid stand, and only cost me $70 for a heavy duty double tom stand.

Nimby Im glad you found this thread. When I originally was planning to purchase the kit, I googled the name of the kit and a link to your thread about your kit came up. I can thank you for helping me decide to purchase the kit AND joining Drummerworld.com Thanks!!

The DW double tom stand just barely fits the tama ball joints. It took some muscle to get them in there, but now its a very solid stand, and only cost me $70 for a heavy duty double tom stand.

I'm glad I could be of service haha!

So with the tom stand, was it only hard the first time or is it hard to get the toms on and off the stand constantly?

I'm buying all new DW hardware for my kit and would love to get the tom stand aswell.

I will soon be gigging with mine and a speedy setup time is quite essential.

Great looking kit !

I wish I waited for the Superstars when I bought my kit.

i think he actually meant he put the ball joints in the dw mount?

If I only I knew the technical terms for these parts I could explain it easier. I'll give it a shot. My Tama rack toms would not fit on the dw tom mounts (see below picture for what im referring to as a tom mount) because they are too thick. So, I had to use my tama tom mounts, but the problem there was that the ball on the end of the Tama tom mount (ball joint??) is larger than the dw ones. So, it was a struggle to get the Tama tom mounts locked securely in the clasp (see bottom picture). In the end, it worked out great, but I thought I was S.O.L. for awhile there.

LOL.

Attachments

• dw tom mount.jpg
    dw tom mount.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 100_0694.jpg
    100_0694.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,023
Ah, I see now.
That makes things alot clearer.

Ah, I see now.
That makes things alot clearer.

Haha ok good. The stand is solid as can be now, so if youre trying to save some cash I would recommend it, but if you have the $150 or whatever for a Tama double tom stand that would be easier, obviously.

Bought some more equipment:

14" Sabian AA medium-thin crash
8" Zildjian A Custom splash
18" Zildjian Oriental China

Going from 4 cymbals to 7 is AWESOME! and I still have an 11" Sabian AAXplosion splash coming...

Attachments

• drums right.jpg
    drums right.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 953
  • drums left.jpg
    drums left.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 954
  • zildjian oriental china.jpg
    zildjian oriental china.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 960
  • Zildjian A Custom splash.jpg
    Zildjian A Custom splash.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 962
  • MY SET.jpg
    MY SET.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 991
Really nice set.. and those sabian 13 Pro hats FUSION..mmmm.... keep them.. Sabian Pros were a line with powerful sound when open and NICEEE chick when closed (and they are B8!!!).. I had them but I sold them many years ago... :( well, good luck...

Really nice set.. and those sabian 13 Pro hats FUSION..mmmm.... keep them.. Sabian Pros were a line with powerful sound when open and NICEEE chick when closed (and they are B8!!!).. I had them but I sold them many years ago... :( well, good luck...

Thanks. Yea I love the Pro Fusions, even if I ever find a good replacement, theyll never get sold.

Loving the cymbals and setup dude!!! :D

Thanks man. Since I started playin like eight years ago I always had a four-piece set-up like yours. After getting the 6 piece Tamas, I knew I had to add some more pies, and I gotta say its a ton of fun. I doubt I would ever gig with them all though. (still 4 piece at heart).

Last edited:
nice kit :D

as soon as i get a job im saving up to get one of these in the sugar white colour :D

i love the sound of them and the tom sizes are perfect for my playing

nice cymbals aswell :p

nice kit :D

as soon as i get a job im saving up to get one of these in the sugar white colour :D

i love the sound of them and the tom sizes are perfect for my playing

nice cymbals aswell :p

Thanks! Theyre a ton of fun.

Did I mention I got the 8" A Custom Splash with mount and the 18" Oriental China with a heavy stand for $180...

Back