ATTN: Admin - Forum Search image verification

PBW

Dear Admin,

Any chance you can make the image verification procedure a little easier for the search function? I find it really hard to read the characters (it usually takes me 2 or three attempts to decipher the image).

I understand your need to prove the user is human, but some of the images are just too damn tricky, and it makes using the search function a major pain in the bottom!

Thanks for reading :)

Hmm strange: I have NO image verification when searching. Are you logged in?

Some opinions before i go deeper into this. Thanks a lot...

Bernhard

(just so I'm clear, I'm reading "image verification" as a captcha system as opposed to verifying an image like for JPG file integrity or something)

I'm not seeing a captcha on search function at all - I mean I'm not seeing that a captcha system is even implemented
Search is working for me (I'm USA, firefox, win/Ubuntu, registered user)

I did get a captcha for registration though - it did seem like the characters were pretty aggressively obscured (IIRC I even wound up hitting the "new image" 3 or 4 times to get something I could read)
BUt that does seem to be more common now - I don't know if it's because of better automated OCR or attempt to slow-down the captcha farms

Ahh yes, silly me. I don't think I was logged in (slaps self round face)

Cheers!

Paul

Hmm strange: I have NO image verification when searching. Are you logged in?

Some opinions before i go deeper into this. Thanks a lot...

Bernhard

Ahh yes, silly me. I don't think I was logged in (slaps self round face)

Cheers!

Paul

Definitely not logged in. I encountered this problem too when searching the forums as a guest, before I registered. Search function is a breeze since becoming a member.

Back