Modify a Pearl Eliminator

3singes

Hello,

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language :)

I play a Pearl Eliminator, but I really prefer the old P-880 which I started on... single chain, very light...

So I'm interested in modifying my Eliminator, if possible. I'm thinking about using a 900 footboard, single chain and cam, to make it lighter. Did someone try this ?

Does someone know if the 900 footboard is lighter than the eliminator footboard ?

Thanks a lot !

Assuming you're playing a double chain Eliminator, get yourself a strap for it. It'll make it feel lighter.

Yes, thanks, I have to test it.
Still wondering about the footboard weight difference between a 900 and a Eliminator. The 880 footboard is a lot lighter than the Eliminator...

To me it sounds like you want to remove ALL the parts of the eliminator and replace them with parts of a 900 pedal, so may I suggest buying a 900 pedal instead?

Well, if I change the footboard and cam, I still have the Eliminator hoop clamp.
I just saw there also was a P-1000, which has the Eliminator hoop clamp, footboard attachment but single chain. This may be interesting, but I still would love to have a lighter footboard.

Are you using the white cam? It should be most similar to the cam on the older pearl pedals. The black cam is a little smaller, thus making the pedal feel heavier. Also try different powershifter positions. Pulling the footboard closer to you will make the pedal feel lighter, but it will feel different to the P880 , which has the footboard in a more standard position. (middle, or heavy powershifter position.) I also think that the older footboards were shorter than the Eliminator/P900 boards, which affects the feel more than a small weight difference.

Yes, I use the white cam. When I bought the eliminator, I still had my 880. I set the Eliminator's footboard, angle, etc, in exactly the same position as my 880. Unfortunately I don't have the 880 anymore, but I think the footboard length was exactly the same (correct me if I'm wrong...).

You were right, "Anzi", the old 880 footboard is a lot shorter than the Eliminator ! :) I could compare both this morning.
Maybe I'm going to try to mount a 880 footboard on the Eliminator...

I just mounted the 880' footboard, heel plate and cam on the Eliminator :)

The 880 heel plate's screws fit perfectly in the Eliminator Powershifter's holes.

I think it's even possible to mix the 880 and 2000's hinges, to use the Eliminator heel plate and have a less shaky footboard. The spacings are the same almost everywhere, it's very interesting to see the similarities between the two pedals.

The pedal feels so good now, so light and fast, like in the old days :) Very happy with it...!

Pearl%20P880-P2000.jpg

Pearl%20heel%20plate.jpg

Hello,

I finally mounted a DW "SM1207 Delta Hinge" on the pedal. Now it feels perfect :)

Attachments

• 1-Charniere-Pearl-P-880.jpg
    1-Charniere-Pearl-P-880.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 327
  • 1-Pearl-P-880.jpg
    1-Pearl-P-880.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 345
NICE!!! i put the Delta hinge on my old (single chain) DW5000. Woulda' thunk the hinge would make that big a difference...but it does! That Delta hinge is a nice piece of engineering!

Glad it worked out for you!

Back