p900 vs eliminator

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
I'm going to sell my falcons.. great pedals, just not into the long board thing and I might as well get a secondary pedal that really suits me. I also have dw9000's on my saturn kit but this would be for my second set which I would take out to gigs or also have setup at home.

Here's the ad if you're interested btw
http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1043198614&posted=true

Anyway, I have a bit of experience on pearl p900's, have always recommended them on here. But now that I'm getting ready to purchase them I wonder if I should pay the extra $$ for the eliminators. I don't care about all the different cams as much as I do the build quality, sturdiness of joints and connecting parts. The frame and hinge appear the same but I'm just asking in case someone has looked closely.

Has anyone made an in depth comparison between these two?

(Please don't mention demon drives, have owned them, didn't like them).

Thanks very much.

I had the Eliminators and I can honestly say that the amount of adjustments drove me bugsh*t. Very difficult to settle on something. And then when you do, a few jam sessions later, you'll get the itch to try something else.

I never did get used to them 100% in the two years I had them, but they were really nice pedals, no doubt.

I'm sure it'll be more responsive than the P900s, which are pretty much no-frills, solidly built pedals.

Try before you buy. Going for the P900s will help you save a stash of cash.

I have owned both. The differences are negligible really. The Eliminator has twin chains, footboard grip adjustments, cams, different beaters, and a removable toe stop. These about the only differences. Durability wise, I used the Elims for about 10 years with no issues other than springs needing to be replaced. I only have had the p902 about 7 months, but I beat the crap out of it and have had no issues as of yet.

They are both great pedals. If you are happy with the 900s then you will be happy with the Eliminators, unless you don't need the extra adjustments, then the extra cost may give you some buyers remorse.

One is not faster than the other either. Don't buy into that crap.

Thanks. That helps me settle on the 900, i know that I like them and they're easy to play. I'm not a fiddly adjusting type person, I set and forget.

Then have no hesitation in going for the 900's.

I replaced my Iron Cobras with two pairs of 900's (one for the studio and another in the gig bag) and still made money.

Like you I never faff around with settings. They go on the kit and just get played to death.

I can't say enough good things about them. Having played them on someone elses kit at a gig and also having hired a set when the IC's were temporarily out of action I felt I wasn't missing a thing and had an absolute blast.

Zero downsides, in my opinion.

They do develop play in both the hinge (at the heel) and the connecting shaft, but I don't mind so much since they're cheap and they're almost extinct.

They do develop play in both the hinge (at the heel) and the connecting shaft, but I don't mind so much since they're cheap and they're almost extinct.

I have always wondered if the heel plate hinge is a technique issue. I mean as long as it only goes up and down it shouldn't wear side to side, no? Yet it seems to be a cancer of pedals, none are exempt as far as I have seen. Mine do this eventually too, I am not special by any means.

Hmmm, not with any of the pedals I've owned. Definitely not on my iron cobra which has seen alot of use.

Mind you these worn hinged pearl pedals were setup on practice kits that were used by several people each day, and maybe you're right, maybe some of the players were swilling their feet or leaning on one side of the footboard in some damaging sort of way.

Back