Who's the fastest drummer on Drummerworld? (off topic)

Naigewron

Platinum Member
Edit: Not sure how I ended up as the thread starter here... I'm guessing the original first post was deleted? wtf?

Last edited:
Re: Who's the fastest drummer on Drummerworld?

Is there a category for slowest? I might could get in on that one!

I've raced cars in the past, so I've got to be in with a chance.

When I'm in space, I'll win. Unfortunately I'm overweight, terrified of heights and not great to be in a small space with for an extended period of time.

Sorry, you made me do this!

If drummer A is standing on earth doing singles at 200BPM, and is passed by drummer B traveling at 60% of the speed of light also doing singles at 200BPM, who is really playing faster in relation to one another?

If drummer A is standing on earth doing singles at 200BPM, and is passed by drummer B traveling at 60% of the speed of light also doing singles at 200BPM, who is really playing faster in relation to one another?

You will always hear your singles as faster than the player zipping past you. :)

EDIT: Actually NO! In reality, 'time' for the player zipping past you slows down, so you WOULD hear your singles as faster than their's... BUT! Assuming we are at atmospheric conditions, 60% the speed of light is like Mach 400, so you wouldn't hear the other player's singles at all!.. at least not over the sonic boom. Ha! Science!

Trick question- there is no way a human drummer could possibly do singles at 200BPM : P

You will always hear your singles as faster than the player zipping past you. :)

In space, no-one can hear you scream.......................nor can they hear you drum.

Sadly, we actually had a thread about it here on DW. Of all the things to discuss..........

EDIT: Actually NO! In reality, 'time' for the player zipping past you slows down, so you WOULD hear your singles as faster than their's... BUT! Assuming we are at atmospheric conditions, 60% the speed of light is like Mach 400, so you wouldn't hear the other player's singles at all!.. at least not over the sonic boom. Ha! Science!

Yes, but they would also hear their singles as faster than the stationary drummer. So who is faster?

When I'm in space, I'll win. Unfortunately I'm overweight, terrified of heights and not great to be in a small space with for an extended period of time.

You will love being in space then.

For one thing, it's huge. In space you have no weight and there is neither up nor down, therefore no such thing as height and nothing to be afraid of.

Although those who've been report that there is just no atmosphere.

I don't know who's the fastest on this board, but he/she probably plays a Mapex Saturn...

Is there a category for slowest? I might could get in on that one!

I dunno, Mary. I still haven't played the second stroke in a paradiddle I started twelve years ago.

Ah yes, but I said no HUMAN drummer could do it. Supes is Kryptonian- BOO-YAH! : )

err... I wasn't referring to the bloke behind the drums, I was referring to the Saturn kit... no Mapex Saturn kit, no singles @ 200bpm... even for Superman ...BOO-YAH! : )

err... I wasn't referring to the bloke behind the drums, I was referring to the Saturn kit... no Mapex Saturn kit, no singles @ 200bpm... even for Superman ...BOO-YAH! : )

How could I have forgotten the mystical properties of the Mapex Saturn (which of course turns even a beginner drummer into Superman)?? Damn you Henri!! : )

I'd like to have two categories added:

Best Avatar
Most unnecessary notes played

Thanks for bringing up the Saturns, Henri ;)

I'd like to have two categories added:

Best Avatar
Most unnecessary notes played

Thanks for bringing up the Saturns, Henri ;)

Wait, if we are adding best avatar, let me change mine back to my leopard print top so Uncle Larry will give me all his votes!

And perhaps we should apologize to the OP for totally hijacking this thread!

" Fastest Drummer" sort of reminds me of those contests of who can eat the most hot dogs - LOL

.... We could have categories:
-- Fastest feet
-- Fastest hands

I guess that's it, two categories, lmao....

I'd like to see who can spin around on their throne the fastest.

Back