Phil Maturano here!

Hi Phil,
Just wanted to say thanks for the incredible music :)
I'm a drummer from India.

http://www.myspace.com/fivelittleindians

Hey bro! Thank you for the kind words. As you can imagine it is one of my dreams to get to India. I just did some playing last year with Pete Locket and he has been telling me so many great things about India , I just have to get there soon!

I hope you will share some of your drumming with us and I send you greetings from NY
PM

Re: New Playalongs are here!!!

If anyone is interested, I have a series of new playalongs coming out. The first one is already posted on my blog for download. I am not turning it into a book for sale through a publisher. It will only be availble through my website... online.

http://www.philmaturano.com/blog/

I hope you dig it and will give me some feedback. Here is the info.
====================

Its finally here! Inner clock 2! The follow up from the extremely popular “Working the inner clock” book.

I have a new collection of play alongs designed and written with specific objectives in mind. Each track targets certain subdivisions and grooves. 16th notes, 8th notes etc. Each track will have a chart, and this is something new! Each track will have different versions. Each version changes in tempo in increments of 5 BPM. So that you can really work out your vocabulary, slow and fast. This really gives your grooves a chance sink and and get solid!

When you purchase a track you will get an email with…
1) The chart complete with an extensive rundown and analyisis, objective review, playing suggestions and tips.
2) mp3’s with all the Tempo versions
Version 1 = 95
Version 2 = 100
Version 3 = 105
Version 4 = 110
Version 5 = 115
Version 6 = 120

Enjoy it and feel free to write me with any questions or feedback.

Everyone looking for play-along material should check this link. The song is very stimulating, that chart and the playing suggestions are indeed incredibly extensive. The best value I had in education material since a long time.

Thanks Phil. I'll learn with this, and I'll have fun as well.

Thanks for the great feedback bro! I have been playing these tunes on my last clinic tour in Europe to see how they would feel live. They are lots of fun and they do feel like a nice workout everytime. Would love to hear your version of it sometime!
There are a few guys at the collective working on it now, they seem to be having fun with it haha!

I will have a new one posted hopefully by tomorrow.

Would it be helpful if i posted the chart or the worksheets for the song? Maybe cats need a taste of what its about before they jump in?

Let me know.

I believe in the internet and the power that we have here to reach each other right away!
If anyone has thoughts about this i can design the songs based on any suggestions. Would be a great help to know what people are looking for specifically.
All the best
PM

Inner Clock 2! Follow up!

Inner Clock 2 / Finally here!

Its finally here! Inner clock 2! The follow up of the extremely popular "Working the inner clock" book.

NOW!!! I have a new collection of play alongs designed and written to work with the Inner clock concept in mind. Each track targets specific subdivisions and grooves. 16th notes, 8th notes etc. In groove settings and ensemble figure settings. Here is what you get.
Each track will have:

- A chart

- An in depth and extensive analysis / breakdown. Complete with all independence and playing concept exercises that you will need for each tune. Playing suggestions and tips.

- This is something new! Each track will have different versions. Each version changes in tempo in increments of 5 BPM. So that you can really work out your vocabulary, slow and fast. This gives your grooves a chance sink and and get solid!

When you purchase a track you will get an email with…

- The complete PDF files.
- mp3's with all the Tempo versions. Example / Version 1 = 95 Version 2 = 100 Version 3 = 105 Version 4 = 110 Version 5 = 115 Version 6 = 120

Also = All updates as they happen. You will be placed on a mailing list and notified of all updates. Then I will send you any updated PDF's or mp3's

Interactivity: Additionally, you will be able to request versions of tracks. Example: Need more click in the mix? Need less? Want no click at all? Need a slower or faster version then already exists? No Problem!

Have any questions about the charts? Post them on my blog and I will answer so that a FAQ section is created.

If you send in a recording of yourself playing the track, I will listen and give any additional tips that could help to improve or enhance your performance.

If you send a video clip of your performance I will feature it on my youtube page www.youtube.com/philmaturanodrums and we can all share in the feedback by participating through that site (This is optional. If you don't want it posted i wont)

This is just the beginning and many more tracks are coming. Feel free to write me with any questions or feedback.

To order you can go directly to my blog
http://philmaturano.com/blog/?p=56

Thanks for reading
Pm

Last edited:
Drums and Percussion magazine DVD

dup_seminar.jpg

thumb-57.jpg
thumb-12.jpg
thumb-29.jpg

thumb-39.jpg
thumb-30.jpg
thumb-28.jpg

thumb-3.jpg
thumb-5.jpg

In the next issue of Drums & Percussion Magazine in Germany there will be a DVD with all the great performances from the d&p Seminar last December. It will feature all workshops as well as concert footage by some of my favorite and smokin'ist drummers from Europe. Michael Küttner, Andy Gillmann, Manni von Bohr, Dirk Brand, Jose Cortijo, JoJo Mayer, Claus Hessler. Of course the Phil Maturano, trio is featured - with great players and friends, cuban bassist Irio O'farrell and Andreas Schnerman on Piano (DE). A big thanks for getting my trio out there goes to Drummers Collective in NY, Anatolian cymbals, Taye drums and Regal Tip sticks. Without them it would have been very difficult.
If you are in America and can't get a hold of the DVD! Please let me know and I will do my best to let you know how to do it. It is the first time a magazine releases a DVD of this complexity and size in Europe and there will be 26,000 copies floating around!! I am sure we can get one to you somehow!!
thumb-63.jpg

Manni von Bohr

Picture3.png
Picture2.png

dup-seminar.jpg

aktuelleausgabe.jpg

Hey Phil!
I have only ever seen you play latin music. I (and many others, im sure.) would really like to see you play another style. It would be really interesting to see.
Thanks.

Hello, I have been working through your book Latin Soloing for the drumset and I'm a bit confused on how to apply RTS to the samba especially with the hihat going from the &'s in cut time to the 2 and 5 beat in 6/8 time could you please help.

Hello, I have been working through your book Latin Soloing for the drumset and I'm a bit confused on how to apply RTS to the samba especially with the hihat going from the &'s in cut time to the 2 and 5 beat in 6/8 time could you please help.

Sure bmore,
I have a pdf file for you. Check out these exercises and tell me if they helped. They are giving you a common pulse to work from on the snare when shifting from 2 to 6. Then some more exercises in 6.

If you need more I will post some audio files that will help you as well.

Regards
PM

PS I read your question again and I see clearly what you are asking now. I will make the files more specific. I will post again tomorrow.

Attachments

• Feeling Samba.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 730
Hi Guys, This is the latest review from Drummer Magazine in the UK. Hope It helps with any questions you might have regarding the DVD.

All the best
PM

Drummermagreview.jpg

Yes I got the PDF. I meant to ask if you could post the audio file because I had a hard time understanding. Are you available for lessons to those outside of the Drum Collective.

Yes I got the PDF. I meant to ask if you could post the audio file because I had a hard time understanding. Are you available for lessons to those outside of the Drum Collective.

Hi bmore. OK i understand . I will post the audio today. Give me a couple of hours.

Yes I am about to get a new studio and I will then be taking students. When you are ready give me a call or write.
P

Hello Phil.
Ive just borrowed you book "latin soloing for the drumset". Should be really interesting.
But i have a question before i start. Would you learn all the different foot ostinatos before starting the independance exersizes on pages 5-8?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello Phil.
Ive just borrowed you book "latin soloing for the drumset". Should be really interesting.
But i have a question before i start. Would you learn all the different foot ostinatos before starting the independance exersizes on pages 5-8?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Bro! I would start out with the 6/8 native section before you do anything else. Dont worry about the rest for now. Then take the CD and start listening to it over and over over and over over and over.:) When you can play through that section try to get a grip on the RTS theory and then start learning very basic foot patterns to play over the exercises.

how does that sound:)
hugs
pm

Hi bmore. OK i understand . I will post the audio today. Give me a couple of hours.

Yes I am about to get a new studio and I will then be taking students. When you are ready give me a call or write.
P

Sorry bmore...just been slammed. I will try today.
PM

Back